The World of Little League®: Peter J. McGovern Museum and Official Store is located at 525 Montgomery Pike (U.S. 15) in South Williamsport, Pa. The museum is on the Little League International complex, two miles south of Williamsport (Routes 220 and 180). From the south, it is 15 miles north of Interstate 180 on Route 15.
The World of Little League® is open every day from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., with extended hours during the Little League Baseball World Series.
NOTE: The Museum is closed for holiday observances on Jan. 1, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Dec. 24-25, and Dec. 31. Additionally, in the event of inclement weather or maintenance work at the Little League Complex, the Museum may be closed. Visit the Museum’s Facebook page for the latest information.
General Admission – $5
Seniors (62 & over) – $3
Children 5-12 – $2
Children 4 & under – Free
Audio Tour Guide Rental – $3
- Free admission for any person bearing a Geneva Convention common access card, a DD (Department of Defense) Form 1173 ID card, or a DD Form 1173-1 ID card, which includes active duty U.S. Military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard), as well as members of the National Guard and Reserve, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, or those bearing a government-issued retirement ID card from any of these organizations. Up to five accompanying family members also will be admitted free with the guest.
- Free admission for any person who identifies himself/herself as a current Little Leaguer®, AND who is wearing a shirt/jersey that has the Little League® Official Shoulder Patch on it.
Yes. All of the exhibits are on one level. Handicap parking is also available.
We offer group rates for pre-registered organizations of at least 25 people. Rates are $1 for children between the ages of 5 and 12; $4 for general admission; $2 for senior citizens and children 4 and younger are admitted free. Guided tours and group rates are not offered during the Little League Baseball World Series. There is an additional fee for guided group tours (pre-registration required) of the Little League International complex.
Dugout, if available, makes private off-site appearances. Please contact Pamela Wright at 570-326-1921 ext. 2222 for additional information. A fee may be charged.
Yes. The World of Little League®: Peter J. McGovern Museum and Official Store has a unique rental space for businesses, corporations and individuals – perfect for showcasing the area to employees, clients or visitors. Download the Facility Rental Agreement PDF document here.
- After-hours rentals are from 5 p.m. (after the museum closes) until 10 p.m.
- The cost is $500 for the five-hours (this includes set-up and tear down times).
- If additional tear-down time is needed, the cost is $75 for each one-half hour increment.
- The $100 deposit fee will be applied to the cost of the rental, which is due the day of the event.
- In case of cancellation, the deposit is non-refundable within 10 or fewer days of the event.
- The renter is responsible for any damages incurred as a result of the event.
- The renter is responsible for basic clean up and removal of garbage to Dumpster.
- Museum staff is not responsible for catering or clean up, but will be on site.
- The maximum capacity is 200 guests.
- Food and beverages are limited to the First and Fourth Innings (galleries).
- The exhibits on the first floor are open for the event.
- A “Welcome (your group’s name)” sign will be visible as guests enter the museum’s store.
- The Museum Store will be open for purchases if attendees wish.
- No alcohol or tobacco products are permitted on either the museum or the Little League International complex property, including parking lots.
- The renter must provide a certificate of insurance naming Little League as an additional insured at least one week before the event.
- The museum is not available for rentals during the month of August.
- The museum may only be used for not-for-profit activities.
- Marketing or vending by the renter is not permitted.
- Little League must approve any signage placed outside the building.
The museum suggests the following businesses:
- Pennsylvania College of Technology (catering and rental)
- Country Store Catering (catering)
- Grammy Sue’s Bakery
- Any Event Rental
- Grand Rental Station
After-Hours Rental Rates
Sunday through Saturday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Rental Base Rate:
1 to 200 people – $500
Yes, the museum store is open whenever the museum is open.
No. The museum is not offering birthday parties at this time.
No. No food or drinks are permitted in the museum. There are several restaurants nearby, however.
Parking for large vehicles, including buses, typically can be accommodated at the west end of the museum’s parking lot. During the Little League Baseball World Series, however, there is alternate parking.
Yes. The Museum is on the Little League International complex, where the World Series is held. A self-guided walking tour of the complex is available from museum staff or you may step onto our Viewing Plaza for an overview.
The museum number is (570) 326-3607. All other Little League calls should be directed to (570) 326-1921.
Audio tour guides are available in eight languages plus an additional one in English for children. The other languages are: English (adult), Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. Additional language translations are forthcoming.
The mission of The World of Little League®: Peter J. McGovern Museum and Official Store is to educate the general public about the history, service, goals, and initiatives of Little League Baseball and Softball.
This has been accomplished through a conscientious effort to obtain and curate artifacts and archival materials pertaining to the organization. These artifacts are organized for research and educational purposes and used in interpretive displays which can be enjoyed by individuals of all ages.
The museum shares the reasons Little League has become the world’s largest and most respected youth sports program. The Little League story unfolds in an exhibit response that flows directly from the concept of a six inning Little League game. The exhibits are comprised of a rich mixture of authentic Little League heritage, artifacts and images and cutting-edge technology.
More information about Little League Summer Camp can be found here.