Once your local league members elect the Board of Directors for the new season, the Board can begin to take the first steps in preparing for your new season.
The management of the property and affairs of the local league shall be vested in the Board of Directors. The directors shall, upon election, immediately enter upon the performance of their duties and shall continue in office until their successors shall have been duly elected and qualified. The board membership shall include the officers, including player agent, and a minimum of one manager and one volunteer umpire. (Only volunteer umpires may be elected to the board.) The number of managers and coaches including Minor League representation elected to the board shall not exceed a minority of the total board members. Every board member should have a copy of the current year’s Little League Official Regulations, Playing Rules, and Operating Policies for reference to proper operating procedures and policies.
- The Board of Directors shall have the power to appoint such standing and special committees as it shall determine by the constitution and to delegate such powers to them as the board shall deem advisable and which it may properly delegate.
- The board may adopt such rules and regulations for the conduct of its meetings and the management of the league as it may deem proper.
Here are the first four things that your newly seated Board should do after the election.
- Meet to elect officers among its members — there needs to be a minimum of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Player Agent, Safety Officer, and Coaching Coordinator
- Establish meeting dates for board
- Publish election results for membership on the league’s website and social media pages
- Update your League Officers by notifying the District Administrator, Region Headquarters, and Little League International, through the Data Center of the election results. (this must include proper addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of the board)