The District Administrator for any given district is responsible for verifying the eligibility documents for each player on each tournament team representing that district, and signing the Tournament Affidavit, assuring that each player on the team roster meets the Little League® International Tournament eligibility requirements.
The Tournament Director at each separate level of tournament play is responsible for reviewing the documentation for all teams in that tournament before any games are played at that level.
From the time a Little League® Tournament team plays its first game in the District Tournament, the Team’s Manager is required to carry all of the following documentation specific to the players on the team:
- Copies of the documents used to determine the residence of the parent(s) or legal guardian of all players on the team.
- Copies of the records used to prove player eligibility.
- The team’s Tournament Eligibility Affidavit.
- A map of the league’s boundaries, depicting the residence of the parent(s) or legal guardian (as determined by a judge) or school location, or school attendance of each player named on the affidavit.
- Medical Release Form for each player named on the affidavit (recommended).
The Tournament Director is then required to sign on the space provided on the affidavit. Any discrepancies in the documentation should be resolved (through the Little League International Tournament Committee in Williamsport, Pa.) before the team plays its first game at any tournament level. However, failure to discover a discrepancy does not relieve the league, manager, or team of the responsibility to:
- Adhere to all rules and regulation regarding eligibility of participants.
- Ensure all eligibility documentation is complete and correct.
- Confirm that the affidavit and other documents are returned to the team’s manager after each game, or at the end of the tournament.
Important Note: The documentation noted above contains information that may be of a sensitive and/or private nature. It is extremely important that the Tournament Director safeguard this information at all times that it is in his/her possession. The documents and information contained in them must not be shared or otherwise distributed to anyone without the expressed permission of the Little League International Tournament Committee.