For a child to be a Little Leaguer®, eligibility must first be established by way of residency inside the boundaries of a local Little League®, or the location of the school where the child attends is located inside a local league’s boundaries that is approved by Little League Baseball, Incorporated.
Residency and School Attendance Eligibility Requirements
- A school issued report card or performance record is NOT accepted to establish school attendance. Either the school enrollment form or an official/certified school enrollment record dated prior to October 1 of the previous year can be used to establish school attendance for the current season.
- Also, residence shall be established and supported by documents containing the full residence which includes parent(s) or guardian(s) name, street address, city, state and zip code information, dated or in force between February 1 of previous the year and February 1 of the current year, from one or more documents from EACH of the three Groups outlined below:
- Driver’s License (photo ID of parent(s) or guardian(s) with qualifying residence address)
- School records (home address of player’s parents or guardians)
- Vehicle records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)
- Employment records
- Insurance documents (with residence address)
- Welfare/child care records
- Federal records (i.e., federal tax, social security, etc.)
- State records (i.e., state tax, local, etc.)
- Local (municipal) records (i.e., water/sewer, sanitation, etc.)
- Support payment records
- Homeowner or tenant records (i.e., mortgage, rent, etc.)
- Military records
- Voter’s Registration
- Utility bills (i.e., – gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal)
- Financial records (loan, credit, investments, etc.)
- Medical records
- Internet, cable, or satellite television records
NOTE 1: Example – Three documents from the same Group (utility bill, cable bill, and bank statement) constitute only ONE document.
NOTE 2: Certain documents may be used in different Groups, but will count for only one Group per child. Example – If a water/sewer bill is used to satisfy Group II as a municipal record, that same bill CANNOT be used as a utility bill to satisfy Group III.
Be aware that players who established “residence” or “school attendance” for regular season and/or tournament eligibility prior to the current season by using the Tournament Player Verification form, and who can produce the form with proper proofs and signatures from the first year that the Tournament Player Verification form was used for that player, will be grandfathered and will NOT need to complete a new Tournament Player Verification Form.
Local leagues are to be aware that tournament Eligibility Affidavit will require all tournament teams to complete and carry a Tournament Verification Form for every rostered player.