With nearly 1,000 local Little League® volunteers coming to Williamsport for the 28th Little League International Congress from June 10-13, and only two months away from the celebration of the 75th Little League Baseball® World Series, Little League International is excited to reveal the newly designed LLWS Letters as designed by high school art students from the surrounding area high schools.
“As the Williamsport community, and our entire Little League Baseball and Softball community, gets ready to celebrate 75 years of the World Series this August, we are thrilled to unveil the incredible designs that our local high school art students were able to put together,” said Stephen D. Keener, Little League President and CEO. “The display of talent these students have shown have helped tell the story of the Little League program and we look forward to putting these incredible works of art on display throughout our Congress event this June and as part of our 75th Little League Baseball World Series celebration in August.”
Announced in February, Little League International teamed up with four local high school art departments (Montgomery Area High School, Montoursville Area High School, South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School, and Williamsport Area High School) to give the iconic LLWS Letters a revamped look. As part of the project, each of the four schools was assigned a specific letter with a specific theme that represents a key area within the Little League program, and provided with a creative style guide for inspiration and guidelines to help complete the project:
L – Little League Baseball (Williamsport)
- Designed and Painted by: Sofie Bittenbender, Jacob Eiswert, KT Hurne, Lemon Jenkins, Ella LaMey, Alexia Markley, Adelyn McDermott, Xaviera Minnich, Riley Shipman, Muireen Tran, and Lorelei Weaver
- Supervised by: Andrea McDonough
- Theme: Celebrating the baseball program and World Series complex in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania
L – Little League Softball (South Williamsport)
- Designed and Painted by: Brooklyn Lentz and Evalyn Jackson
- Supervised by: Betsy Jones
- Theme: Showcasing the softball program, its new World Series home in Greenville, North Carolina, and the overall Girls with Game Initiative
W – Worldwide (Montgomery)
- Designed and Painted by: Kurrah Bohner, Kendra Bryson, Ariyannah Creamer, Chloe Farley, Michael Lutz, Quinn Lynch, Arien Moon, Emily Murphy, Delilah Preitz, Paige Rice, Izzy Rivera, Malikie Sellers, Geoffrey Short, Jasmin Staver, Kyle Wagner, and Kayannah Walters
- Supervised by: Tina Sampsell
- Theme: Representing the global reach of the Little League program and efforts to grow the game
S – Service (Montoursville)
- Designed and Painted by: Elise Beishline
- Supervised by: Venessa Lechler and Holley Fuller
- Theme: A thank you to the more than one million dedicated volunteers that operate the Little League program around the world
In addition to the support provided by each of the area high schools, Little League International also leaned on the advice and direction of Louis Cupiccia, a retired art teacher and longtime Little League supporter, to give overall guidance on how to work with each of the local high schools and their talented students to complete this project.
The newly designed letters will be on display during the 28th Little League International Congress in June and will remain there through the 75th Little League Baseball World Series on August 17-29, 2022.