Little League® Girls With Game® Experience
October 21 @ 8:45 am - 8:00 pm
Girls with Game experience
After a successful and memorable first year, the Little League® Girls with Game® Experience is set to return with increased excitement on October 20-21, 2023, as four NCAA Division I softball programs head to the home of the Little League Baseball® World Series for a weekend of fun and excitement.
Watch College Softball at Lamade Stadium on October 21!
Looking for an afternoon filled with family-friendly fun and excitement at NO COST? Be sure to come out to Howard J. Lamade Stadium, home of the Little League Baseball® World Series, this Saturday, October 21, to watch a Division I Softball doubleheader as part of the 2023 Girls with Game Experience.
Below is the schedule for the two exhibition games, which includes FREE parking and admission (no ticket needed to attend):
- 2 p.m. – Maryland University vs. Bucknell University
- 4:30 p.m. – Penn State University vs. Army West Point
Bucknell vs. Maryland Highlights
Army vs. Penn State Highlights
NOTE: Following each of the games, participants will have the opportunity to meet the Division I College Softball athletes as part of an autograph session on the concourse behind Lamade Stadium. Limited autograph cards will be available for clinic participants, and additional items to be signed can be purchased in the Little League® Main Gift Shop. Fans looking to attend the event should enter the complex via East Mountain Avenue (617 E. Mountain Ave., South Williamsport, Pa., 17702) and follow the signs for parking.
Launched in coordination with Penn State, Maryland, Bucknell, and Army, as well as MBI Camps, the 2023 Girls with Game Experience on Saturday, October 21, will feature a three-hour instructional clinic for females ages 9-14, led by representatives from each of the four Division I Universities starting at 9 a.m. ET. After the clinic, all registrants will have the opportunity to watch their instructors take the field in a pair of back-to-back exhibition games starting at 2 p.m. on Howard J. Lamade Stadium, the home of the Little League Baseball World Series Championship every August. Following the games, participants of the clinics will have the opportunity to interact and sign autographs with the Division I college athletes.
In addition to the all-day event on Saturday, October 21, Little League Softball® coaches will have the exclusive opportunity to participate in a coaches’ clinic on Friday, October 20, from 5-8 p.m. The clinic will be hosted by college coaches from MBI Camps and will feature skills and techniques for Little League Softball coaches of every level.
The exhibition games on October 21 are open to the public and has no cost of admission to attend. Seating within the stadium, outside of those seats reserved for clinic registrants behind home plate, will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and no ticket is required. Fans looking to attend the game are asked to enter the Little League International Complex via the entrance at East Mountain Avenue and will be directed to park in the parking lot in the outfield of Volunteer Stadium, along Borderline Road. Concessions will be available, and visitors are encouraged to stop by the Little League Main Gift Shop, located on the concourse behind home plate of Lamade Stadium.
Little League International Complex
617 E. Mountain Avenue
South Williamsport, Pa. 17702
Friday, October 20 – Coaches Clinic
For Little League Softball Coaches, this is a coach lead training session on hitting (creating a complete hitter), throwing fundamentals, INF & OF fundamentals, player development / coaching the female athlete. We will have collegiate coaches leading the training sessions from all three Divisions of Softball.
- 5 – 5:20 p.m.: Check in at Ice Cream stand located on first base side outside of Lamade stadium (there will be signage directing you)
- 5:30 p.m.: Welcome & Introductions – Lamade Stadium (seating behind home plate)
- 5:40 – 7:40 p.m.: Sessions begin (Throwing Fundamentals, INF/OF, Creating Complete Hitter, Player Development/Coaching the female athlete)
- 8 p.m.: Thank you & wrap up – Lamade Stadium (seating behind home plate)
- Meet the MBI Camps coaches below:
- Terry Burdette, Hood College, Head Coach
- Alexis Gallagher, Penn State University, Assistant Coach
- Lauren Karn, University of Maryland, Head Coach
- Wes Landrum, Alvernia College, Head Coach
- Ben Masters, New England College, Head Coach
- Keith Parr, Christopher Newport University, Head Coach
Saturday, October 21 – Girls with Game Experience (Clinic and Games)
Campers will receive skill instruction in the areas of throwing, infield, outfield, and hitting. There will be no pitching or catching instruction.
- 8:45 a.m.: Check-in at Howard J. Lamade Stadium at the ice cream stand (follow signage)
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Softball Youth Clinic administered by MBI Camps and representatives from Maryland, Penn State, Army, and Bucknell as your clinicians!
- 12 – 12:30 p.m.: Wrap up conversations, express take aways, transition to lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.: Lunch Provided by Little League (Participants released back to parents/guardians after lunch)
- 2 p.m.: Exhibition game #1 – Maryland and Bucknell @ Howard J. Lamade Stadium (Open to the public, no entry fee)
- Immediately following first game: Exhibition game #2 – Penn State and Army West Point @ Howard J. Lamade Stadium (Open to the public, no entry fee)
The registration fee is $90 and will cover a clinic T-shirt, World of Little League Museum ticket, lunch, and special seating at the exhibition game! Only credit or debit card payments will be accepted. Transaction fee included in payment.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Ashlea Miller at [email protected].
Families can call the Hampton Inn Williamsport-Downtown hotel at 570-323-6190 and request the “Girls With Game Experience group room rate” or they can use this link to book directly on our website: https://group.hamptoninn.com/mb4k2s
The rate is $129.00 plus tax group room rate is available until October 6.
In the event that the clinic is canceled due to weather or other circumstances, you will be refunded the amount charged at registration ($90.00).
Should you need to cancel your registration, you can do so on or before 10/13 by contacting [email protected]. A refund of the clinic $86.94 will be issued (which deducts the initial transaction fee). After 10/13, no refunds will be provided.
Refunds make take up to 5 business days to process once received.