A website managed locally can also give parents and legal guardians the ability to register their children and adult volunteers remotely. Such online registration technology can accept a player(s) into the league and process any associated registration fee(s). When this option is made available through the local league website, it allows the league to efficiently expand and expedite the player registration process.
There are many benefits of online registration, which helps digitize your league player, family, and volunteer information, which can help with your tracking and communications efforts.
In addition, for leagues using DICK’S Team Sports HQ powered by Blue Sombrero, player and volunteer registration data will be automatically sent to Little League International, helping to fulfill Regulation IV(g) and ASAP Requirement 14. Also, leagues will be able to download their volunteer information in a format that will be easy-to-upload into the Little League background check and volunteer application process through J.D. Palatine. To learn more about both of these safety initiatives, visit LittleLeague.org/ChildProtectionProgram.
- Use the DICK’S Team Sports HQ platform to establish a path to a registration tab on the local league website
- Address online privacy concerns by outlining the registration process and explaining where the information is stored
- Provide an overview of the league’s divisions of play, age ranges for each division, and access to the league age calculator
- Note and describe the types of materials needed at-hand when completing online registration
- Establish parameters for volunteer participation and registration, including background checks
- Include a complete list of player registration fee(s) and all other related costs
- Create a list of accepted payment methods (credit card, etc.)
- Decide if the league will accept partial payment and/or allow installment plans