Any community with a youth baseball or softball program chartered with Little League® International in Williamsport, Pa., is eligible to enroll a team or teams in the annual Little League International Tournament. To do so, the local league must meet certain eligibility requirements, which are outlined below.
Local league and district officials who intend to enter teams in the international tournament, are encouraged to review the information and processes below during the months of April and May, in preparation for the tournament enrollment, which opens during the month of May.
League Eligibility for Tournaments
For a Little League® program to be eligible to enter a team or teams into the International Tournament (including the 8 to 10 and 9 to 11 tournaments) the following requirements must be met:
- The league must be chartered in an age appropriate division(s) for which it wishes to enter a tournament team(s) no later than June 1.
- Action Step: Ensure that your league is eligible to enroll in all levels of play in which it is participating, please review and update your league’s charter to reflect any changes in team numbers that occurred after your charter application was submitted.
- The league must have scheduled and played, at a minimum, a 12-game (per team) regular season (10-game for Senior League), exclusive of playoffs and tournament games, for each division, or age appropriate division, entering tournament prior to the first game in their respective tournament. See Regulation VII.
- Forfeited game shall not count towards the 12-game [Senior League: Ten (10)-game] regular season.
- For Junior Tournament eligibility, Senior League players league age 13 and 14 must have played in a minimum of eight (8) Regular Season games.
- All waiver requests (for the league, team, player, manager, and/or coach) of any kind must be submitted and approved not later than June 1.
- Team number revisions and fees incurred by the league must be paid in full by June 1.
- All tournament combination requests must be submitted through the Little League Data Center and approved no later than June 1. Only leagues with approved regular season combined team and/or interleague play requests will be eligible to request a tournament combination.
- Failure to meet any of the listed requirements could result in a team or teams being declared ineligible by the Tournament Committee at Little League International in Williamsport, Pa.