Below is a list of important questions to ask during Little League® Registration. Keep in mind, registration is a great opportunity to introduce yourself to and interact with local league officials. They have the answers. All you have to do is ask some of these questions that often come up during the season. If you are registering online, then you can email questions to your local league.
- My child tried out last year, does he/she have to try out again this year?
- What will happen during the tryouts, and what should my child bring?
- How will my child be selected to a team, and when will the teams be announced?
- I have more than one child, can they play together on the same team?
- What is a player pool?
- What is interleague play? Is interleague play travel ball?
- What are combined teams?
- What division will my child play in? Are there any specific requirements about each division?
- What paperwork is required and how do I submit it?
- What do the registration fees go toward?
- Are there fundraisers throughout the season? Is there a fundraising buy-out option?
- Am I required as a parent to volunteer?
- What is the time commitment? How many practices and games per week?
- How does the team and/or local league communicate with parents? Does the league have a social media presence?
- Can I manage my child’s team?
- If my child is selected to a Minor League team, is there a chance he/she gets called up to Majors during the season?
- What will my child need to bring to practice?
- When is Opening Day, and what will be involved?
- How many players are on a Little League team?
- Does each player play every game?
- Where can I find the Little League rules?
- Will my player get to play with his/her classmates?
- What is an all-star, and how is the team selected?
- Can my child “play up” on an older all-star team?
- When will the all-star team be announced?
- Do I have to sign my child up to be an all-star?
- If my child isn’t picked to be an all-star in my league can he/she go to another league to play all-stars?