The volunteer umpires for the 2022 Little League® Baseball and Softball Southwest Region Tournaments, set to take place at Marvin Norcross Stadium at the George W. Bush Little League Southwest Leadership Training Center in Waco, Texas, have been announced.
Below is the listing of volunteer umpires who will take the field this summer, along with the state and district that they represent:
Little League Baseball® Southwest Region Tournament (August 4-9, 2022)
- William Berger (Colorado District 5)
- Arnoldo Cavazos III (Texas District 24)
- Traci Duez (Texas District 16)
- Douglas Farmer (Texas District 11)
- Curtis Jones Jr (Texas District 11)
- Calvin Kidwell (Arkansas District 3)
- Richard Webb (Texas District 14)
- Patrick Williams (Texas District 19)
Little League Softball® Southwest Region Tournament (July 23-27, 2022)
- Paul Brand (Texas District 19)
- Mario Canales (Texas District 19)
- Nicolás Davids (New Mexico District 9)
- Alexander Hernandez (Texas District 19)
- Brett Joiner (Texas District 12)
- Benito Pena Jr. (Texas District 26)
- Tyler Shehorn (Colorado District 2)
- Robert Villarreal (Texas District 19)
Volunteer umpires are one of the most important aspects in the success of local Little League programs around the world and play a pivotal role in the experience of all our players throughout the Little League International Tournament. As a way to continually develop these volunteer umpires throughout the year, Little League International offers a variety of digital training and educational resources available on LittleLeague.org/Umpires, a bi-monthly Fair Ball Newsletter, access to the free Little League Umpire Registry, and formal training through Umpire Clinics and Schools around the nation.
In addition to the Region Tournament umpires listed above, the 2022 Little League World Series umpires were also announced earlier this year.