Sports Connect is an league management Services which includes online registration, websites, scheduling, volunteer management, fan wear shops, and more.
- Sports Connect is an all-in-one service that equips Little Leagues with a number of online tools – including online registration, websites, fan shops, and league management tools.
- Sports Connect’s easy-to-use and innovative tech platform, already used by more than half of Little Leagues today.
- Sports Connect is committed to customizing certain tech features to Little League’s requirements, continually developing time-saving features for Little League administrators, providing hands on customer support, and offering education tools such as webinars to train and educate Little League volunteers.
- A League Technology Platform allows league administrators to streamline day-to-day tasks of planning and executing a Little League season. Features of this online system include registration tools, scheduling, team website management, volunteer management, boundary mapping, pitch count tracking, and more.
- It is important for your league to have communication and league information platforms beyond social media
- While social media can be an excellent supplemental tool for league reminders and announcements, a league website and registration platform creates a safe, stable, all-in-one site for parents, volunteers, and fans to find league information
- Online Registration Services – Players and volunteers can easily provide the required information required to participate in your league. Custom questions available to Little League’s during set up ensure that all information collected during registration will comply with Little League rules and regulation. All data is automatically submitted to the Little League Data Center; no uploading required!
- Custom League Websites – Sports Connect provides a custom, modern, Little League-exclusive branded web platform. It is user-friendly for both beginner and tech-savvy administrators.
- Sports Connect has custom web templates featuring the new Little League logos and design
- Custom Integrations – Sports Connect has a number of custom integrations with other technology services, even beyond the Little League Data Center.
- JDP Background Checks – Sports Connect and JDP have teamed up to create an easy to use and safe way to complete volunteer applications and background checks for your league. For more information on the Sports Connect/JDP integration, click here.
- GameChanger Team Manager – Rosters updated on Sports Connect automatically syncs with your GameChanger account
- Scheduling Tools – Administrators can generate the schedules to be provided at the league, team, and account levels for both regular season and tournament play.
- Payment Collection – Online payments reduce paperwork and ensure that record keeping is updated in real-time.
- Additional payment tools including refunds and credits are also available
- Communication Tools – Administrators can utilize bulk email tools and text notifications to communicate with league groups or individuals on the fly. Coaches can communicate with their teams and volunteers through the team webpages.
- Team & Volunteer Management – Admins can roster players and volunteers to the teams they participate in. Volunteer tracking verifies that only approved volunteers are used.
- Reporting – Admins can use standard reports and the ability to create and save your own custom reports. This means no more reinventing the wheel each time you need a report. Admins will also have the ability to run quick app reports from Little League’s background check provider, JDP.
- Fan Wear Stores – After a league sets up a website, the web admin can install a fan wear store for parents and fans to get the gear they need to cheer on their team!
- Residency and School Attendance Eligibility – Sports Connect’s exclusive Boundary Mapping feature will check registrants’ addresses against your Little League boundary through integration with the Little League Data Center. Verification for school addresses will also be available.
- Document Upload: You also have the ability to securely upload your proof of residency or school verification documents during your online registration process. THIS ONLINE UPLOAD IS OPTIONAL. You may choose to provide verification directly to your league administrator at a later date and proceed through the registration process without uploading any files. Please contact your local league administrator to confirm your league’s policy. Your local league will verify that all information is accurate and may contact you directly with any questions.
- No, your league is not required to use Sports Connect. However, if you are currently searching for a league technology platform provider, interested improving your league operations, or want to ensure you have the very best service for your league needs, then we highly recommend that you start your search with Sports Connect. Leagues and districts are free to evaluate services that suit their individual community needs. The decision for these services rests solely with the local league. Any agreements for technology services are the responsibility of the local league.
- Sports Connect provides free, premium support to all league partners. Assistance is available by phone, email, and our support site. The friendly support team can be reached by phone at (866) 258-3303 from 10am – 4pm EST on Monday and Friday, and 10am – 6pm EST Tuesday – Thursday. The team also provides helpful training videos, an on-screen support widget, and answers email tickets on the weekends!
- You can also sign up for Little League Q & A Webinars HERE.
In an effort to better serve the unique aspects of Little League Baseball and Little League Softball (pitch vs inning counts, age charts, boundary maps, etc.), you will now be required to set up separate Baseball and Softball registration pages. You will still have the ability to clone your registration set up from the previous season, however, the clone will allow you to clone Baseball Divisions ONLY or Softball Divisions ONLY.
Follow the steps below.
1. Go to your Registration // Current Programs Page
2. Identify the Current Program you would like to clone and click “CLONE”
a. You will see a pop-up message with important reminders regarding the cloning process. Please read carefully before proceeding
3. In STEP 1 of the Program Set Up, enter your “Program Name” – be sure to identify “Baseball” OR “Softball” in the Program Name (e.g. LL Baseball Spring 2022)
a. Please also be sure that you are properly afflicted with Little League Baseball (under “National Affiliation” – Note: even if your program is a softball program, you will still affiliate under Little League Baseball
4. Next, select “Baseball” OR “Softball” under “Activity Type”
5. Continue through Steps 2 – 5 as you normally would
a. Remember to add the Medical Release Waiver language to your leagues confirmation email in Step 5!
6. In STEP 6, you will see that all your previous years divisions have been added for the activity you selected in STEP 1 (e.g. Baseball Divisions Only)
7. Click “FINISH” // Your will be returned to the Current Programs page
8. Repeat steps 2 – 7 above, selecting the alternative activity type.
- Absolutely! It may seem challenging to switch providers, so Sports Connect has made it their mission to help you get up to speed quickly and make the transition as seamless as possible. They provide helpful tutorials and videos, and a friendly, dedicated Account Management team to assist with training and best practices.
- Yes, the Sports Connect platform offers a robust end-of-season tournament scheduling tool for local leagues. Alongside the scheduling tool, coaches can also take advantage of the GameChanger Baseball & Softball mobile app. This app will cover all game day needs from live scoring, team communication, spray charts, and more.