The volunteer Team Hosts who are set to support all 20 participating teams at the 2023 Little League Baseball® World Series, Presented by T-Mobile, officially selected their team pairings via a random drawing as part of a Team Host Celebration at the World of Little League® Museum on June 6, 2023.
The primary focus of the Little League Baseball World Series is placed squarely on the experience of the players from the 20 teams that come to South Williamsport, and it is up to the volunteer Team Hosts and Utility Hosts to make sure those players have a Little League® experience that lasts a lifetime. Two Team Hosts are responsible for ensuring that each team is on time for games and practices, arranging their team’s uniform fittings, helping with the coordination of the media activities, and making sure that many other daily tasks go smoothly for the players, coaches, and managers. The Utility Hosts assist in all other day-to-day activities. Throughout the course of their time in Williamsport, the hosts forge a lasting bond with their players, coaches, and managers over the course of the Little League Baseball World Series, and many stay in touch after the World Series is over.
The full listing and team assignments is below with the number of years the individuals have volunteered as a team host, including this year, is in parentheses after their name:
United States Regions:
- Great Lakes Region: Lou Cromley (4), Jamie Flick (3)
- Metro Region: Tom Rachael (24), Matt Burrows (4)
- Mid-Atlantic Region: Rick Smith (13), Rob Stetts (3)
- Midwest Region: Scott Metzger (14), Jim Scott (2)
- Mountain Region: Marlin Cromley (24), Chuck DeLuca (8)
- New England Region: Phil Sunderland (2), Jamie Foster (5)
- Northwest Region: Joe Girio (25), Lee Miller (22)
- Southeast Region: Ryan Cioffi (3), JJ Manikowski (2)
- Southwest Region: Willy Weber (16), Gary Whiteman (7)
- West Region: Frank Missigman (18), Walt Reed (4)
- Asia-Pacific Region: Larry Missigman (31), Bruce Sechrist (19)
- Australia Region: Pete Lupacchino (30), Josh Lupacchino (10)
- Canada Region: Terry Parker (5), Dayl McClintock (2)
- Caribbean Region: Chris Long (3), Bernie LaBelle (2)
- Cuba Region: Gary Weaver (25), Doug Alexander (18)
- Europe and Africa Region: Ron Frick (20), Mike Lundy (14)
- Japan Region: Mike Mensch (1), Miki Aso (2)
- Latin America Region: Denny Loner (24), Lynn Datres (22)
- Mexico Region: Jeff Tompkins (12), Van Ransom (18)
- Panama Region: Curt Schmucker (2), Keith Johnson (2)
In addition to the Team Hosts listed above, there are also a number of volunteer Utility Hosts who will be assisting all the teams during their time in Williamsport: Mike Miller (8), Bill Pearson (1), Steve Moyer (1), John Blachek (1), Mike Gray (1), Tina Remsnyder (1), and John Engel (1).
In total, these Team Hosts have combined for 479 years of service, including this year.
To learn more about the 2023 Little League Baseball World Series, as well as the other six World Series events held this summer, visit LittleLeague.org/WorldSeries.