If you are interested in licensing opportunities, Little League® would encourage you to complete the Licensing Application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for a review, and potentially longer in the month of August. We will contact you at that time with our response and any appropriate next steps. You will be notified of our decision in writing, as review decisions are not provided over the phone.
LLB operates a selective licensing program, and not all applicants are awarded a license. If you are offered a license agreement, you will be required to obtain standard product liability insurance, cyber liability insurance, and pay an annual advance and or guarantee of royalties.
Little League requires all products to be evaluated as part of the licensing application process. This may be in addition to laboratory testing for specific products such as baseballs. A product review fee may be required. The fee is non-negotiable and non-refundable. Fees start at $500 but may vary depending on the product review process as detailed in the licensing application and will be communicated upon thorough review of the licensing application.
For more information or to send your licensing application, please contact licensing@LittleLeague.org.
Endemic Equipment License
The proper approach to establishing a licensing agreement for equipment begins with forwarding appropriate fliers and information on the equipment proposed for licensing to the Marketing Department in Williamsport. If the printed material forwarded qualifies for further review, you will be notified by the Marketing Department.
Fees associated with the evaluation process and specific royalties that apply to each category of equipment can be discussed with the Marketing Department. The licensing agreement is in effect from October 1 of each calendar year through September 30 of the following calendar year. It is required of the licensee that the Sales and Royalty report, which will be forwarded to you prior to the end of each quarter, be completed and submitted fifteen days after the end of each quarter.
By mid-summer of each year you are notified by the Marketing Department of the need to renew the licensing agreement, which expires on September 30 of each year. A simple signature renews the licensing agreement and is then accompanied by the advance royalty for the upcoming year.
Licensees receive the following privileges:
- The right to use the terms “approved by or licensed by Little League®” on your product and in your advertisements.
- Inclusion on listing of licensed products which is sent to Little League Regional offices as well as to all chartered leagues. Licensed products are also listed on the Little League web-site.
- The right to secure advertising in the Equipment & Supply Catalog (100,000 copies are published and distributed throughout the grassroots network). You will receive information regarding advertisement rates and requirements in the spring.
- The opportunity to purchase advertising in the Little League Baseball World Series and Tournament programs.
- Attendance at 10 to 15 League/Volunteer Seminars & Clinics which are attended by 150-400 of the chartered leagues officials preparing for the upcoming playing season. Note: There are minimal fees associated with attending clinics.
- The opportunity to secure a full-page ad in the Little League Magazine which is produced in 2 million plus quantities and distributed to Little League participants. This is published by Major League Baseball and is an exciting way to present your product to the participants.
- Participation in the International Congress which is held every four years and attended by 1,200 delegates.
Please be advised Little League does not provide contact information of our local volunteers as an entitlement of the licensing agreement. Interest by manufacturers in the Little League Baseball Licensing Program should contact the Marketing Department at:
Little League Baseball, Incorporated
P.O. Box 3485
Williamsport, PA 17701
Phone: 570-326-1921 ext. 2205