As part of our continued commitment to female inclusion within our program, as well as another milestone with the Girls with Game 50 Celebration in 2024, we are pleased to announce the launch of its #GWG50 Grant Program with a commitment of grant-making and scholarship funding opportunities.
Focused on providing local leagues and volunteers with financial resources needed to enhance the Little League experience at the grassroots level, this grant program will provide opportunities in two key areas – League Enhancements and Volunteer Development.
“As we join together in celebration of 50 years of girls and women in our program, we are committed to providing resources to help our volunteers and leagues open the door for females at every level of the program,” said Liz DiLullo Brown, Little League Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Business Relationship Officer. “Through this grant program, we plan to increase the access and opportunities our volunteers and communities and foster inclusion of female participants in order to create the best possible experience for the children in their community both on and off the field.”
With the application window open from February 7, in coordination with National Girls & Women in Sports Day, and running through March 8, 2024, the #GWG50 Grant Program will have opportunities in the following areas:
League Enhancement Opportunities for:
- Currently Chartered Baseball Programs Adding Softball: Existing local Little League programs that are currently only offering baseball opportunities are eligible to apply to add softball to their offerings.
- Newly Affiliated Little League Softball Programs: Softball Program Grants are available for leagues, not currently affiliated with Little League in any way, that are looking to start their operations of Little League’s Softball Program. Leagues must charter Softball teams to be eligible to receive this grant.
- Current Softball Program Enhancement Opportunities: Existing Little League Softball programs are encouraged to apply to enhance and grow their programs through innovative marketing efforts or establishment in additional divisions of play in LLS.
Female Volunteer Development
- Coach Education and Training: Grant funding specifically marked to help female coaches and managers looking for coaching development and training opportunities, including those not offered by Little League International. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, development through Positive Coaching Alliance, Little League International, USA Baseball, National Fastpitch Coaching Association, and more.
- Umpire Education and Training: Grant funding specifically marked to help female umpires looking for coaching development and training opportunities, including those not offered by Little League International. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to, development through Little League Umpire Training events, USA Baseball, National Fastpitch Coaching Association, and more.
Any volunteers and/or leagues interested in applying for one of the grant opportunities as outlined above can find the grant application form at LittleLeague.org/GWG50 or LittleLeague.org/GrantResources The grant applications will be available from February 7 through March 8, 2024, with grant recipients being notified by Little League International following the review of all applications.
In addition to the opportunities outlined above, Little League is also committing a portion of the grant funding to support scholarship opportunities at their own female-focused events, including the Maria Pepe Little League Baseball Legacy Series in June and the Girls with Game Experience in October.
To learn more about the opportunities available, as well as the overall Girls with Game 50 Celebration and Little League’s commitment to furthering its female inclusion efforts, visit LittleLeague.org/GWG50. The #GWG50 celebration is proudly supported by DICK’S Sporting Goods, a long-time Little League partner that is committed to creating opportunities for girls and women in sports and will be activating around key events and milestones this year.