NOTE: Many of these events may be altered or cancelled due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. For all the latest coronavirus information, please visit LittleLeague.org/Coronavirus and coronavirus.gov.
Hundreds of Little Leaguers® with physical and intellectual challenges will have the opportunity to experience the joy of baseball this summer through the 2020 Little League Challenger Division® Jamborees, a group of volunteer-hosted events that provide players the experience of a tournament atmosphere.
“For all of the Little Leaguers in our program, the opportunity to play baseball and softball alongside their friends, neighbors, and classmates is an experience that creates life-long memories,” said Sam Ranck, Little League Director of the Challenger Division. “Along with all the regular-season opportunities our Challenger Division programs offer each year, these Jamboree events help provide an extra level of fun and excitement for not only the participants, but all of the volunteers who help make the event so special. We are thankful for all the dedication and support that goes into these Jamborees and hope all of our participants enjoy their time on and off the field this year.”
From Opening Ceremony festivities to a variety of fun and games available to participants, each of the Little League Challenger Division Jamborees provide a unique experience for players, coaches, buddies, and volunteers. Below is the list of scheduled Little League Challenger Division Jamborees for 2020:
- April 24-26: Fourth Annual Fun Days (Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico) – CANCELED
- April 26: California District 4 Challenger Jamboree (Walnut Creek, Calif.) – CANCELED
- May 8-10: Jake Hardison Memorial Challenger Jamboree (Norfolk, Va.)
- May 16-17: Challenger Fun Days (San Bernardino, Calif.)
- May 22-24: 16th Annual Western Region Challenger Jamboree (Dublin, Calif.)
- June 14: Rhode Island District 2 Challenger Jamboree (Portsmouth, R.I.)
- June 20: Washington District 8 Challenger Jamboree (Woodinville, Wash.)
- August 7-9: Atlantic Challenger Baseball Jamboree (Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada)
For more information on getting involved with the Challenger Division and making a difference in the lives of young athletes, email challenger@LittleLeague.org.