This policy was last updated on November 29, 2016.
Our Commitment to Security
Little League International has implemented physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard the privacy of the information it obtains.
Advice to Children and Parents
We strongly advise children to get their parent(s) or guardian(s) to review any information they intend to transmit and get their permission before submitting any kind of personal data to anyone over the Internet. We urge parents to repeatedly discuss with their children the danger of giving personal information to anyone (online or in person) whom they don’t personally know. We also encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children monitoring and reviewing their children’s online activity. As a policy, no person under the age of 13 is permitted to register directly to receive Little League’s electronic communications or participate in Little League social media activities. Such activity, if deemed appropriate, must be conducted by the parent or guardian of such individuals.
What personal information do we collect for our electronic database?
Little League International requires chartered Little Leagues to submit player registration data, including parent/guardian information and coach/manager data to be in compliance with Regulation IV(g) as well as all league officer information at the time of chartering annually. Complete data for all players, managers/coaches, and league officers is required. Player registration data must include the date of birth of the player and parent or guardian contact information including valid email address. The local league must verify the accuracy of such information annually. Submission of previous year information is not acceptable per the Regulation. A player, manager, or coach must be listed be on the data submitted to Little League International in order to be covered by Little League National Accident Insurance, provided it is purchased by the league. All data is submitted electronically through the secure “Little League Data Center” on LittleLeague.org/datacenter. This website details the acceptable formats including a downloadable spreadsheet or automatic upload from Little League Preferred League Technology Providers.
How do we use personal information collected and received
Any information gathered by Little League International on this website, through the League Player Registration and Coach/Manager registration process and/or by any other means, will be used for the purpose of furthering the mission of Little League International and communicating with individuals in local league programs. Little League International does not sell any information collected from you to outside companies.
On occasion, we may provide program information, special offers or services through Little League International and/or its sponsors, licensees, or other business associates. We also may use the information to fulfill your requests for information or products or to respond to your inquiries about our program. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to update you on new rules, regulations, or risk management issues, ask your opinion through surveys and research, notify you that you have won a contest, or provide you with the latest news or program updates distributed by Little League International.
The information you provide in connection with our website and email communications, online submissions and surveys, social media sites, and communities is used to create an interactive experience. We may use this information to facilitate conversation and from time to time, offer you information, programs, and services.
Should you receive information from Little League or one of our partners, this information will be clearly identified with Little League International identification marks in adherence with our trademark registration.
The data provided to Little League International is utilized in the following ways:
- To catalog and record each individual player into a yearly listing of participants in the Little League program. These records are maintained in the Little League archives and for historical purposes through the World of Little League®: Peter J. McGovern Museum and Official Store. This information may also be used for operational issues that may arise with respect to verification and eligibility of the participants in a local league program.
- To maintain a record of the coaches and managers involved in the Little League program and their associated team and/or league. This information is used to provide seasonal training materials, to send the Little League Magazine for their team’s players during the season as well as operational issues that may arise requiring contact with Little League International.
- Email addresses provided to Little League International through the league player record sharing process by each player’s parent(s) or guardian(s), and coach and/or manager are incorporated into Little League International’s electronic database for the current season. Individuals receive an “Opt-In” welcome email and are given the choice to opt-in to receive communications from Little League. Every communication sent will provide you an option to “Opt-Out”.
- Household mailing addresses reported by leagues are occasionally used to provide information to those residents about the Little League program. Should information be sent, it will be sent under the cover of “Current Resident” or “To the Parent or Guardian of Little League Participant.”
Player and coach/manager information must be sent to Little League International in accordance with Regulation IV(g) of the Little League Rulebook annually.
At Little League International, we collect information in addition to player registration data and coach/manager data in order to help identify you and/or your child’s interests in the Little League program and the associated local league with which you may be affiliated. On our websites and through our various links to resources and information, you can read articles; enter contests; participate in promotions; express your opinion; shop online; or subscribe to our online portals, emails, social media sites and newsletters. On occasion, we may ask for personal contact information from you for purposes such as:
- to provide you with information that you’ve requested based on your selected preferences upon Opt-In;
- to enable us to respond to your inquiry;
- to register you for a contest or promotion;
- to take your subscription for a Little League publication or web-based portal, or;
- for league operation and education.
You also have the opportunity to “Opt-Out” of any Little League controlled electronic large group communication at any time by sending an email to LLInternational@ LittleLeague.org and typing “Unsubscribe” in the subject line or by clicking on the “Safe Unsubscribe™” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Please note that some information you receive may direct you to a non-Little League website. Please refer to these web sites for specific Privacy Policies and use of data as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Individual Submissions and Promotions
We may offer coupons, special discounts, contests, games, and promotions on behalf of Little League International and/or our national partners; or invite you to submit stories, photos, comments, or questions to certain areas of our website. On these occasions, we may ask you to voluntarily submit additional information along with your submission so that we can notify you if you are a winner, or to respond to (or ask) questions. No individual under the age of 13 should submit information to any of the situations noted above.
Cookies and Pixel Tags -- What are they?
Yes. As you browse LittleLeague.org or Little League-owned websites, cookies, pixel tags, or similar technology may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what information interests you on our site, in order to continue to provide information in the future. On occasion, we may provide target advertising through partners like AdRoll and Facebook to present you with additional information about our program and its offerings based on your previous interaction with LittleLeague.org. These techniques do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. We also work with third party companies to assist us with website analytics such as evaluating the use and operation of our website so that we can continue to enhance the website(s) and the information contained within. You can visit networkadvertising.org/choices/ to opt-out of tracking and targeted advertising using cookies or similar technology.
Questions or Concerns