Our Commitment to Security
Little League Baseball, Incorporated has implemented physical, electronic and managerial processes to safeguard the privacy of the information it obtains.
Advice to Children and Parents
We strongly advise children to get their parent(s) or guardian(s) to review any information they intend to transmit and get their permission before submitting any kind of personal data to anyone over the Internet. We urge parents to seriously and repeatedly discuss with their children the danger of giving personal information to anyone (online or in person) whom they don't personally know. We also encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children monitoring and reviewing their children’s online activity. As a policy, no person under the age of 13 is permitted to register directly to receive Little League’s electronic communications.
What personal information do we collect for our electronic database?
Little League Baseball, Incorporated requires chartered Little Leagues to submit rosters annually to be in compliance with Regulation IV (g). Rosters are required to include player information including date of birth, parent or guardian contact information and identifying information about each individual team’s coaches and manager. A player, manager or coach must be listed be on the roster submitted to Little League International in order to be covered by Little League National Accident Insurance, provided it is purchased by the league.
Rosters should be submitted through the “Little League Data Center” on www.LittleLeague.org. This web site will provide a downloadable spreadsheet as well as accepting formats from licensed products and through products available from the Active Network (www.active.com). This is an easy way to provide the required data on players, managers and coaches, and ensures that Little League International receives the data that is required as noted above.
The information provided on rosters is utilized by Little League International in the following ways:
- To catalog and record each individual player into a yearly listing of participants in the Little League program. These records are maintained in the Little League archives and for historical purposes through the Little League Museum. This information may also be is used for operational issues that may arise with respect to eligibility of the participants in a local league program.
- To maintain a record of the coaches and managers involved in the Little League program and their associated team and league. This information is used to provide seasonal training materials, to send the Little League Magazine for their team’s players during the season as well as operational issues that may arise requiring contact with Little League International.
- Household mailing addresses reported on rosters are occasionally used to provide information to those residents about the Little League program. Should information be sent, it will be sent under the cover of “Current Resident” or “To the Parent or Guardian of Little League Participant.”
Player and coach information in the form of rosters or registration information may be sent to Little League International in accordance with Regulation IV(g) of the Little League Rulebook. .
At Little League International, we collect information in addition to players and coaches data in order to help identify you and/or your child’s interests in the Little League program and the associated League with which you may be affiliated. On our web sites you can read articles, view discussion boards, enter contests, participate in promotions, express your opinion, shop online or subscribe to our online portals, emails and newsletters. The only time we will ask for personal or contact information from you will be:
1. to provide you with information that you’ve requested based on your selected preferences upon Opt-In;
2. to enable us to respond to your inquiry;
3. to register you for a contest or promotion;
4. to take your subscription for a Little League publication or web-based portal, or;
5. to obtain operational contact information.
If you do not want your personal information collected, even for these reasons, please do not submit it to us. You also have the opportunity to “Opt-Out” of any Little League controlled electronic large group communication at any time by sending an email to at LLInternational@LittleLeague.org and typing Unsubscribe in the subject line or by clicking on the Safe Unsubscribe™ link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
How do we use personal information collected and received
Any information gathered by Little League Baseball on this website, through the League Player Record Sharing process and/or any other means , will be used for the sole purpose of furthering the mission of Little League Baseball, Incorporated. Little League Baseball, Incorporated does not sell any information collected from you to outside companies but we may provide special offers or services through Little league Baseball, Incorporated and/or its sponsors, licensees or other business associates.
We also may use the information you provide to fulfill your requests for information or products or to respond to your inquiries about our program. We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to update you on new rules and regulations, notify you when you have won a contest, or provide you with the latest news story being covered by Little League International.
The information you provide in connection with our online forums, social media sites and communities is used to create an interactive experience. We may use this information to facilitate conversation and from time to time, offer you products, programs and services.
Should you receive information from Little League or one of our partners, this information will be clearly identified with Little League International identification marks in adherence with our trademark registration.
Please note that some information you receive may direct you to a non-Little League web site to participate in a contest or promotion. Please refer to these web sites for specific Privacy Policies and use of data as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Contest Submissions and Promotions
We sometimes offer coupons, special discounts, contests, games, and promotions on behalf of Little League and our national partners; or invite you to submit stories, photos, comments, or questions to certain areas of our site. On these occasions, we may ask you to voluntarily submit additional information along with your submission so that we can notify you if you are a winner, or to respond to (or ask) questions.
Cookies -- What are they?
Questions or Concerns