Little League® has announced the official pairings for the 2022 Volunteer Team Hosts who will support the teams during the 75th Anniversary of the Little League Baseball® World Series this August.
The primary focus of the Little League Baseball World Series is placed squarely on the experience of the players from the 20 teams that come to South Williamsport, and it is up to the volunteer team hosts and utility hosts to make sure those players have a Little League experience that lasts a lifetime. Two team hosts are responsible for ensuring that each team is on time for games and practices, arranging their team’s uniform fittings, helping with the coordination of the media activities, and making sure that many other daily tasks go smoothly for the players, coaches, and managers. The utility hosts assist in all other day-to-day activities. Throughout the course of their time in Williamsport, the hosts forge a lasting bond with their players, coaches, and managers over the course of the Little League Baseball World Series, and many stay in touch after the World Series is over.
Earlier this summer, on June 13, the official team designations for the 2022 Little League Baseball World Series were randomly drawn by a group of volunteer team hosts prior to the 28th Little League International Congress Chairman’s Celebration. The full listing is below with the number of years the individuals have volunteered as a team host, including this year, is in parentheses after their name:
- Great Lakes Region: Ron Frick (19), Mike Lundy (13)
- Metro Region: Frank Missigman (17), Walt Reed (3)
- Mid-Atlantic Region: Scott Metzger (13), Jamie Foster (4)
- Midwest Region: Carol Zysset (21), Miki Aso (1)
- Mountain Region: Pete Lupacchino (29), Josh Lupacchino (9)
- New England Region: Cherie’ Rogers (4), Jim Scott (1)
- Northwest Region: Tom Rachael (23), Matt Burrows (3)
- Southeast Region: Marlin Cromley (23), Chuck DeLuca (7)
- Southwest Region: Chris Long (2), Bernie LaBelle (1)
- West Region: Terry Parker (4), Dayl McClintock (1)
- Asia-Pacific Region: Lou Cromley (3), Jamie Flick (2)
- Australia Region: Jeff Tompkins (11), Van Ransom (17)
- Canada Region: Denny Loner (23), Lynn Datres (21)
- Caribbean Region: Ryan Cioffi (2), JJ Manikowski (1)
- Europe and Africa Region: Rick Smith (12), Rob Stetts (2)
- Japan Region: Willy Weber (15), Gary Whiteman (6)
- Latin America Region: Gary Weaver (24), Doug Alexander (17)
- Mexico Region: Larry Missigman (30), Keith Johnson (1)
- Panama Region: Jim Kriner (19), Bruce Sechrist (18)
- Puerto Rico Region: Joe Girio (24), Lee Miller (21)
- Utility Hosts: George Girio (34), Mike Miller (7), Phil Sunderland (1)
In total, these team hosts have combined for 487 years of service, including this year.
To learn more about the 2022 Little League Baseball World Series, visit LittleLeague.org/WorldSeries.