On Thursday, June 13, the official team assignments for a group of dedicated volunteers known as “Team Hosts” were announced for this year’s Little League Baseball® World Series (LLBWS).
Throughout the course of the LLBWS, all 16 participating teams are paired up with a set of two or three dedicated team hosts who volunteer their time to ensure their team has everything they need during their time in Williamsport. From handling media requests and organizing activities to ensuring the team is on time for practice, games, and other events, the team hosts play a pivotal role for each of the team’s during their stay.
Along with their important job also comes a very rewarding experience as many of the players, coaches, and managers forge lasting bonds with their team hosts and create memories that will last them a lifetime.
For the 2019 Little League Baseball World Series, one designated Team Host and four Utility Hosts will get the opportunity to experience this exciting position for the first time. In total, the 42 dedicated volunteers combine for nearly 600 years of experience and hope to share that experience with each and every player and volunteer that makes the trip to Williamsport.
2019 Little League Baseball World Series Team Hosts Assignments (individual years of service in parentheses):
- Asia-Pacific Region – Carol Zysset (19), Cherie’ Rogers (2)
- Australia Region – Pete Lupacchino (27), Josh Lupacchino (7)
- Canada Region – Denny Loner (21), Lynn Datres (19)
- Caribbean Region – Ron Frick (17), Mike Lundy (11)
- Europe and Africa Region – Terry Parker (2), Greg Likens (2)
- Great Lakes Region – John Eastlake (21), Jeff Tompkins (9)
- Japan Region – Frank Missigman (15), Walt Reed (1)
- Latin America Region – Joe Girio (22), Lee Miller (19)
- Mexico Region – Willy Weber (13), Gary Whiteman (4)
- Mid-Atlantic Region – Scott Metzger (11), Jamie Foster (2)
- Midwest Region – Gary Weaver (22), Doug Alexander (15)
- Northwest Region – Tom Rachael (21), Van Ransom (15)
- New England Region – Mick Cioffi (43), Denny Logan (17)
- Southeast Region – Chuck Snyder (21), Rick Smith (10)
- Southwest Region – Marlin Cromley (21), Stan Helt (15), Chuck DeLuca (5)
- West Region – Jim Kriner (17), Bruce Sechrist (16)
- Utility Hosts – Ed Weinhoffer (34), George Girio (32), Larry Missigman (28), Carol Weinhoffer (14), Mike Miller (5), Matt Burrows (1), Chris Rogers (1), Lou Cromley (1), William Pearson (1)
For more information on the 2019 Little League Baseball World Series, including information on how to make your trip to Williamsport as enjoyable as possible, visit LittleLeague.org/WorldSeries.