Little League® Dairy Queen Contest (the “Contest”)
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, post a photo of your Little League® player celebrating at Dairy Queen on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook and follow these steps:
- For Twitter and Instagram follow @LittleLeague and post your photo with #PostGameAtDQContest
- For Facebook submit your entry by posting your photo as a comment on one of the Dairy Queen promotion posts found on Little League’s Facebook page.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPACT YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND PARTICIPANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT. TRAVEL NOT INCLUDED.
The object of the Contest is to submit an original photo of an Eligible Child (as defined below) having a post-game celebration at Dairy Queen using #PostGameAtDQContest (the “Hashtag”) (the “Submission”). Staff members of Sponsor and/or Administrator (the “Judges”) will select the highest scoring Submission in accordance with these Official Rules and based upon criteria set forth in the Judging section below to determine the winner.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia excluding Texas (the “Eligible Territory”) who are eighteen (18) years of age (except in the case of residents of jurisdictions where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years, such legal age of majority) or older at the time of entry and a parent/legal guardian/coach of a child between the ages of four (4) and sixteen (16) as of the date of entry who is registered as a Little League baseball or softball player for the 2023 season with a Little League program chartered and in good standing with Little League Baseball, Incorporated (“Eligible Child”). NOTE: If Submission is submitted by a coach, coach must obtain Eligible Child’s parent/legal guardian permission prior to entering. Employees, officers, and directors and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household (whether or not related) of Little League Baseball, Incorporated (“Sponsor”), the MLB Entities, teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“Administrator”) International Dairy Queen Inc. (“Dairy Queen”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entity associated with the Contest are not eligible to participate or win a prize. “MLB Entities” means the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLB”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated, and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents of the foregoing entities. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Void outside the Eligible Territory and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest entry period begins on May 15, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). Enter via Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, as described below. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/Eligible Child, regardless of the method of entry. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void.
- Facebook Method: To enter, you must have a valid Facebook account and access the official Facebook account of Sponsor, available at facebook.com/littleleague (the “Sponsor FB Account”), which during the Entry Period, will post a promotional post which invites entries into the Contest. Using your Facebook account, post your Submission as a comment in response to such promotional post (“Entry Comment”). Your Entry Comment must remain publicly posted through the Drawing Date (as set forth below) and must comply with the Content Restrictions (as set forth below) and Facebook’s Terms of Service and Community Standards, available at facebook.com/policies. All information submitted via the Facebook platform is subject to Facebook’s Data Policy and Terms of Service, available at facebook.com/policies. If you do not have a Facebook account, you may register for one, for free, at Facebook.com. Data and usage rates may apply to the download and use of the Facebook mobile application.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: You must submit your Submission as directed during the Contest entry process. By submitting a Submission, each Participant represents and warrants that his/her Submission is an original work of authorship and that, as of the date of submission, he/she owns all right, title, and interest in the Submission or has all necessary rights in the Submission in order to submit it in accordance with these Official Rules.
JUDGING: On or about June 2, 2023 (the “Judging Date”), the Judges will score all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria: Originality (50%), Enthusiasm (30%), and Quality of Submission (20%). The one (1) highest scoring Submission as determined by the Judges will be deemed the winning Submission and, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the eligible Participant who submitted the winning Submission will be declared the official winner of the Contest. In the event of a tie, the Originality score will be used as the tiebreaker.
PRIZE: One (1) Prize To Be Awarded: The grand prize winner will receive up to thirty-three (33) tickets to one (1) 2023 regular season Major League Baseball game (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) for winner, the Eligible Child, one (1) coach (or parent if coach submitted on behalf of Eligible Child), up to fifteen (15) of the Eligible Child’s teammates (each, a “Teammate”) and one (1) parent/legal guardian of each Teammate. (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the grand prize: $4,950.) TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: All prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use which are not specifically included in the prize description above, including but not limited to transportation, lodging, meals, gratuities, insurance, and other expenses, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Use of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition ticket is subject to the standard terms, conditions, and health and safety policies applicable to the ticket; see mlb.com/ticketback for details. Seat locations at the game/event/exhibition and, unless otherwise stated in the prize description, exact game/event/exhibition date shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner’s guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her(their) jurisdiction(s) of residence unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize will govern in the event a legal game/event/exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game/event/exhibition. Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions; acts of God; acts of terrorism; civil disturbances; local, state, or federal regulation, order, or policy; work stoppage; epidemic, pandemic, or any other issue concerning public health or safety; or any other event outside of their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game/event/exhibition ticket.
CONSENT, LICENSE, AND RELEASE: In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this Contest, and the possible use of Participant’s Submission and/or possible appearance of Participant in an audio, visual, and/or multimedia production, the receipt of which opportunities shall be sufficient consideration for this Consent, License, and Release, each Participant does hereby:
- consent to the collection by Sponsor (and its designees) of his/her personal information, including without limitation name, date of birth, address, telephone number(s), and email address(es) (the “Personal Information”) in connection with the Submission;
- grant to Sponsor and its respective designees the perpetual and unlimited right and license to use, edit, modify, duplicate, and/or create derivative works from his/her Submission throughout the world via any media now known or hereafter developed, without limitation and without notice or payment of any compensation to the Participant or his/her heirs and successors, except where prohibited by law, including, but not limited to, the right for Sponsor to publish, display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, and otherwise use and exploit the Submission via the Internet or any other interactive media, in stadium, on television, and in print (i) on its own or as part of any audiovisual or other production; (ii) to advertise any products, programming, or services of the Sponsor or for any other advertising, marketing, publicity, and promotional purposes; and (iii) for any other purpose whatsoever;
- agree that the foregoing license includes without limitation the right (i) to use his/her name (and any other Personal Information that may be incorporated into the Submission), likeness, image, voice, statements, appearance, and performance as embodied in the Submission in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional, and trade purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide, in perpetuity, without notice and without further consideration or compensation, except where prohibited by law; (ii) to edit, alter, distort, add to, rearrange, and otherwise modify the Submission and use the Submission in whole or in part or in combination with other materials; and (iii) to assign and/or license others to use the Submission for all of the purposes hereunder;
- acknowledge and agree, with respect to the Personal Information, that the Sponsor shall have the right, subject to applicable law, to (i) incorporate certain of the Personal Information into the Submission and use such Personal Information as incorporated therein; (ii) analyze and use the Personal Information for any and all purposes, including without limitation sending the Participant advertising and promotional materials and for any other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes; and (iii) to share the Personal Information with third parties for their advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes or for any other purposes;
- acknowledge that Participant shall have no right of approval of any use of the Submission and the Personal Information as permitted hereunder;
- agree that Participant shall use any copy of the Submission that he/she obtains solely for his/her personal, non-public, non-commercial use; and
- indemnify, hold harmless and fully release the Released Parties (as defined below) from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and/or liabilities for any injuries, losses, death, or damages of any kind caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participation in, or preparation for, the Contest, Contest-related activity, Participant’s Submission, or resulting from the acceptance, possession, quality, or use or misuse of the prize (or any portion thereof, including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to, claims of copyright or trademark infringement, false endorsement, libel, slander, defamation, or infringement of rights of publicity or privacy.
Nothing herein will obligate the Sponsor to make any use of any of the rights set forth herein. In the event that any individual appears with the Participant in the Submission but does not submit a separate Consent, License, and Release, the Participant hereby represents and warrants (a) that such individual has authorized Participant to agree to this Consent, License, and Release on his/her behalf (or, with respect to any individual under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, that Participant is the parent and/or legal guardian of such individual, with legal authority to act on behalf of such individual) and (b) that Participant agrees to this Consent, License, and Release on behalf of such individual.
CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Participants must not include any of the following in any Submission: (a) vulgarity, profanity, nudity, or material which is adult-oriented, sexually-explicit, indecent, or inappropriate; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) false, libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious, or slanderous materials; (f) content that denigrates, disparages, or reflects negatively on Sponsor, the MLB Entities, their owners and employees, or the game of baseball; (g) tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs; (h) dangerous stunts or real weapons of any kind, including but not limited to guns, knives, or projectiles; (i) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation; (j) any individual under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from his/her parent or legal guardian; (k) audio, visual, and/or multimedia content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music, pre-produced video, etc.); and (l) material that is unlawful or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created, including but not limited to laws relating to rights of privacy or publicity. Any Submission that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified via comment post under the Submission or via direct message to the social account from which Submission was received (the “Prize Notification“). In the event that any potential winner does not respond to Prize Notification within three (3) days of the date of issuance or declines the prize for any reason, a disqualification will result, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be chosen based on the judging criteria from among all remaining eligible Submissions. The potential winner may be required to submit his/her valid social security number and/or other identification to Sponsor and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for any prize valued at $600 or greater. The potential winner may be required to execute, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, unless prohibited by law, a Release of Publicity, within five (5) days of the date of issuance. Failure to submit any identification required by Sponsor or to return any required documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Official Rules, or the return of Prize Notification or of the prize (or any portion thereof) as non-deliverable may result in the potential winner’s disqualification and prize forfeiture and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential winner to be chosen based on the judging criteria from among all remaining eligible Submissions.
CONTEST ADMINISTRATION: Sponsor and will be responsible for resolving any disputes and rules violations that arise in connection with the Contest. All decisions by Sponsor and/or Administrator regarding the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, extend, or cancel the Contest (or any portion thereof) in the event Sponsor is prevented from executing the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to: fire; flood; earthquake; explosion; public health epidemic or crisis; labor dispute or strike; act of God or public enemy; network or equipment failure; riot or civil disturbance; terrorist threat or activity; war (declared or undeclared); court order; or federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation. Sponsor and MLB also reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend, extend, or cancel the Contest (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes or events corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the winner and award the prize by judging all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT AND SPONSOR, MLB, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Entries generated by a script, macro, or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential winner based on email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person to whom the applicable ISP or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the submitted email address for the domain associated with such email address.
ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER: As a condition of entering this Contest, each Participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, controversies, or causes of action arising out of or relating to this Contest or the prize awarded (each, a “Claim“) shall be (i) arbitrated on an individual basis only and shall not be consolidated or joined with or in any arbitration or other proceeding involving a Claim of any other party and (ii) settled by binding arbitration in New York County, New York before a single arbitrator appointed by JAMS in accordance with its then governing rules and procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (b) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above may be inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute. These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A, applicable to contracts entered into and performed exclusively in that State.
WINNER LIST: For the name of the winner (available after July 15, 2023), visit http://winners.teamdigital.com/LittleLeagueDQ. Winner’s name will be available until August 15, 2023.
SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Little League Baseball, Incorporated, 539 US Highway 15, Williamsport, PA 17701.
This Contest is in no way sponsored by any of the MLB Entities. The Contest is a skill contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in Major League Baseball. This Contest may not be used for, or in connection with, any form of gambling. All entry data provided via the online entry form is provided to MLB. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com.