Southeast Region: Four-Umpire Mechanics Clinic
May 31, 2019 - June 2, 2019
The Four-Umpire Mechanics Clinic provides an umpire the training and tools in advance of the tournament season. The Clinic includes detailed on-field training, classroom instruction and related rules review. Participants will learn proper field and plate mechanics, rotations, and responsibilities of the four-umpire system that is used at the Southeastern Regional Tournaments. Participants will learn through various exercises and sessions, including recorded plate mechanic sessions available to each student after the Clinic.
Umpires who have been appointed to Southeastern Regional Tournaments and Little League World Series Tournaments are strongly encouraged to attended. Others who are looking to prepare themselves for tournament play are welcome to attend.
Benefits & Highlights
- Detailed training through multiple, unique methods
- Top-notch training and education
- One-on-one, recorded plate mechanics training
- Exposure to training specific to your tournament’s (or chosen) field size
- Extensive training on the four-umpire system as well detailed mini-sessions
If you have been appointed to a 2019 Southeastern Regional Tournament or 2019 Little League World Series Tournament, please be on the look out for an email for registration details.
$45 | Must register by Sunday, May 26 at 10 p.m. eastern.
Catered Friday dinner and lunch on Saturday, training and educational materials plus access to your recorded plate mechanics sessions included.
Members of the Southeastern Region Umpire Alumni Association are eligible for a 10% discount at time of registration. Must input SRUAA membership number (SRUAAXXXX) as promotional code. Can’t be combined with 20% discount.
Friday, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. – Attendee Check-In
Friday, 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. – On-field and classroom training
Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. – On-field and classroom training
Sunday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.- On-field and classroom training
Schedule is subject to change
What To Bring
All Plate Gear (shin guards, chest protector, face mask, plate shoes, ball bag, indicator, plate brush) | Gray Umpire Slack(s) | Umpire Shirt(s) | Umpire Hat(s) | Black Belt(s) | Black Umpire Shoes | Ball Glove
We have umpire gear and equipment available for those without such for the event.
- This event will be led by the Region’s experienced Volunteer Umpire Staff
- Attendees must secure their own housing accommodations
- This is both an indoor and outdoor event, with an agenda to be provided at time of check-in