The first-round matchups for the 2022 Little League Softball® World Series were officially announced during the Chairman’s Celebration of the 28th Little League® International Congress on Howard J. Lamade Stadium. A pair of local Little Leaguers® from Pennsylvania District 12, Alexandra Maeulen and Jacob Mercado, worked with Little League’s Mascot, Dugout, to help randomly select the softballs to decide this year’s matchups.
After making its debut with all U.S. teams at its new home in 2021, the Little League Softball World Series will bring international teams to Greenville, North Carolina, for the first time in 2022. This year will also mark the first year of the expansion to 12 teams, with two new U.S. regions set to earn direct entry into the event, in addition to the North Carolina state champions. Based on the drawings, here are the opening matchups for the 2022 Little League Softball World Series (all games are Eastern Time and played at Stallings Stadium at Elm Street Park):
Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game 1: Mid-Atlantic Region vs. Central Region (10 a.m.)
- Game 2: Northwest Region vs. Southwest Region (1 p.m.)
- Game 3: North Carolina (Host) vs. West Region (4 p.m.)
- Game 4: Asia-Pacific Region vs. Canada Region (7 p.m.)
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game 5: Latin America Region vs. Winner G2 (10 a.m.)
- Game 6: New England Region vs. Winner G1 (1 p.m.)
- Game 7: Europe-Africa Region vs. Winner G4 (4 p.m.)
- Game 8: Southeast Region vs. Winner G3 (7 p.m.)
The 2022 Little League Softball World Series is set to take place on August 9-15, 2022, inside Stallings Stadium at Elm Street Park in Greenville, North Carolina, and will be broadcasted across the ESPN Family of Networks. To learn more about the 2022 Little League Softball World Series, including a full schedule and downloadable bracket, please visit LittleLeague.org/WorldSeries.