Television crews from local affiliate stations are welcome at the Little League World Series. All games will be televised on ESPN+ and or the ESPN family of network. It must be understood that Little League International and ABC/ESPN have the right to restrict or prohibit ANY camera crews (including ABC affiliates) from operating at any game-related activity.
Special access to the complex and parking for Video Trucks may be arranged by contacting Roy Lamberton, Media Relations, 302 629-3221 as soon as possible.
Video taping of non-championship games to obtain B-Roll footage is permitted, subject to Little League approval, and adherence to the following guidelines:
1. Shooting of B-roll footage is allowed, provided it:
- Not restrict the view of spectators;
- Does not utilize facilities (camera stands, etc.) reserved for use by ABC and/or ESPN;
- Does not take place in the stadium seating areas during games televised by ABC/ESPN;
- Does not interfere with the hand-held cameras used by ABC/ESPN.
(Interference, in this case, includes being deemed visible by ABC/ESPN in any location in which ABC/ESPN cameras are operating or likely to be operating. Because ABC/ESPN cameras might be on the field one hour prior to each game, no other cameras/crew will be permitted on the field during this time.)
2. Cameras/crews, other than those operated by ABC/ESPN, must cease operating and vacate any area immediately if requested to do so, during games, by any ABC/ESPN crew.
3. Shooting of B-roll footage is limited to five minutes of filming from any area of the stadium. When the five minutes is completed, the camera must be moved to another location, at least 50 feet away.
4. Shooting of B-roll footage is limited to a total of 15 minutes per game, and may not be broadcast until the game is completed.
5. Brief, live reports during games are permitted, subject to these provisions:
- There must be no report on the action taking place, except a brief update on the score or previous action,
- The camera must be located on Patio in front of the Concession Stand, one of the unused fields in the complex, or in the outfield at the Camden Yards field
- The reporter must be in the shot at all times;
- The report must be one minute or less;
- There must be no more than four live reports per game.
6. Camera lights must not be used where they may be visible by players on the field. (This applies during day and night games.)
There are no limits and restrictions by ABC/ESPN/Little League on reports of activities not related to the games, when such activities are conducted off the playing fields in areas in which media personnel are permitted. (Examples: news conferences, pin trading tent, pavilion and sponsor areas are not restricted by ABC/ESPN/Little League policies.) Note: Sale of video images of the Senior League Softball World Series is not permitted without express written permission from Little League Softball, Incorporated.