Russell Athletic and Little League® announce that for the first time ever, each region will wear a jersey featuring a unique design. The announcement was officially made during the Little League World Series Luncheon on June 14 when Little League announced this year’s Little League Baseball® World Series schedule and first-round pairings.
The decision to create different and unique designs for each region was made to help foster camaraderie and inspire both teams and fans. Prior to 2018, a single design was selected with the only difference being the team’s colors.
“Russell Athletic is proud of our long-standing partnership with Little League. We congratulate all the players and teams on the accomplishment of reaching this year’s Little League World Series,” said Matt Murphy, Vice President Marketing, Russell Athletic.
“This year we created uniforms with a unique look and design for each region to add to the excitement and experience for the players, coaches, and fans.”
“This year, we’re excited to provide each team with distinct uniforms to represent their Region in the Little League World Series tournaments,” said Liz DiLullo Brown, Little League Vice President of Marketing and Communications. “The uniqueness of each uniform will help fans and spectators identify the different Regions throughout the tournament. We’re appreciative of the continued support from Russell Athletic in providing each team with a quality uniform, adorned with the Little League patch of distinction.”
In keeping with the forward-thinking design, the fabric itself is high-tech. Players benefit from the breathable, flexible and durable uniforms thanks to a decoration method called sublimation, which infuses printed elements into the fabric itself.
Fans can show their team pride by purchasing replica t-shirts and apparel in their favorite regional design. T-shirts are sold online through the Little League Official Store.
Little League Baseball® Uniform Details
- Unique jersey designs for all 16 regions
- Exclusive style for the 2018 Little League World Series events
- Adult and youth replica t-shirts available for general public purchase
- Lightweight, breathable stretch fabric
- Fully sublimated decoration keeps jersey lighter and more breathable to enhance player performance
- Dynamic, high-energy design
- Custom back neck imprinting to commemorate the 2018 Little League World Series
- Little League custom tag featuring the Little League motto, “Character, Courage and Loyalty”
- Custom MLB Little League Classic patch
- Performance undershirt made with Dri-Power® moisture-wicking fabric
- ¾ length sleeves
- Fully sublimated design to match jersey
Russell Athletic will also provide uniforms for all Little League Baseball and Softball World Series events. Each division will sport the same uniform styles.
The additional events include:
- Senior League Baseball World Series (13- to 16-year-old)
- July 28 to Aug. 4 – Easley, S.C. (Easley Recreation Complex)
- Junior League Softball World Series (12- to 14-year-old)
- July 29 to Aug. 4 – Kirkland, Wash. (Everest Park)
- Intermediate League (50/70) Baseball World Series (11- to 13-year-old)
- July 29 to Aug. 5 – Livermore, Calif. (Max Baer Park)
- Senior League Softball World Series (13- to 16-year-old)
- July 30 to Aug. 5 – Lower Sussex, Del. (Lower Sussex Little League Complex)
- Little League Softball® World Series (10- to 12-year-old)
- Aug. 8 to Aug. 15 – Portland, Ore. (Alpenrose Stadium)
- Junior League Baseball World Series (13- to 14-year-old)
- Aug. 12 to Aug. 19 – Taylor, Mich. (Heritage Park)
Tournament season concludes with the Little League Baseball® World Series Championship Game on Sunday, Aug. 26 in South Williamsport, Pa.