To be eligible to enter the Little League® International Tournament at any level of play, there are five (5) eligibility criteria that leagues must meet. They include:
- The league must be chartered in an age-appropriate division(s) for which it wishes to enter a tournament team(s), no later than June 1 of the current year. For example, to enter a Little League Major team (ages 9-12) a league must be chartered in the Little League Major Division. To enter a Senior League team, the league must be chartered in the Junior, or Senior League Division.
- The league must have scheduled and played, at a minimum, a 12-game (per team) regular season, exclusive of playoffs and tournament games, for each division wishing to enter the tournament. These games must be played prior to the first game in their respective tournament.
- All waiver requests (for the league, team, player, manager, and/or coach) of any kind must be submitted and approved not later than June 1 of the current year.
- Team number revisions and fees incurred by the league must be paid in full by June 1 of the current year.
- All combined team and interleague play requests that may involve tournament play must be submitted and approved not later than June 1 of the current year.
Failure to meet any of these league eligibility requirements could result in a team or teams being declared ineligible by the Tournament Committee at Little League International.