Each month, Little League® International will provide a quick look at important information and events for the month ahead. All of this information will be available here and continue to be updated as new, timely resources become available. We invite you to review and share with your colleagues and friends.
Local League Operation Reminders
The Little League International Tournament has concluded and its time to look ahead to 2019! To help ensure that your league enjoys this exciting time of year and begin preparing for the fall, Little League has put together a list of things that local leagues should be considering and some resources to help guide the way.
- Understand what you need to be doing with the Local League Operational Guide
- Find ways to get parents involved with your league next year
- Help parents to understand where the local league finances go
- Assist your league’s parents with a Parent Orientation Program
- Begin to think about end-of-year financials
- See if your league could qualify for the Little League Grow the Grant Program
- Utilize Fall Ball for Recruiting, Training, and Improving Mechanics
- Start looking ahead to the fall season and plan for 2019
- Begin working with other youth organizations to promote your program
- Look to set up an Annual Membership Meeting for your league
- Review your league’s constitution and bylaws while the season is fresh
- Talk to your Little Leaguers about Online Behavior
- Help understand social media usage for parents and local leagues
Take Advantage of Free Local League Technology Solutions
Local Little League programs are encouraged to create a free customized website with online registration through DICK’S Team Sports HQ, powered by Blue Sombrero. Along with the ability to host online registration and payments, DICK’S Team Sports HQ provides time-saving features not available in any other league technology platform. To get started today, visit LittleLeague.org/TSHQ.