Each month, Little League® International will provide a quick look at important information and events for the month ahead. All of this information will be available here and continue to be updated as new, timely resources become available. We invite you to review and share with your colleagues and friends.
Local League Operation Reminders
Tournament season is almost here! To help ensure that your league enjoys the remainder of the 2018 season, Little League has put together a list of things that local leagues should be considering during this pivotal time of year, and some resources to help guide the way.
- Utilize the Tournament Resources page to make sure you are ready for the 2018 tournament season.
- Understand all the updates to the Mandatory Play Rule
- Know the rules on modifying helmets with additional attachments
- Be sure to properly enroll your league for the tournament through the Data Center
- Know and understand the combine teams option during Tournament Season for D.A.s and local leagues
- Identify approved Little League pins, trophy, and award vendors to honor your Little Leaguers
- Order your tournament banners and supplies (The order deadline for District is May 10; Section is May 15; and State is June 1)
- Heading into the tournament season, be sure to know all the rule changes for this year
- Understand recent updates made to the Little League Child Protection Program
- Check and make sure you know the rules on live streaming your local games
- Understand how to use Little League Trademarks when marketing your league around tournament season
- Final nominations for the 2018 Little League Award Program (Due June 1)
- See if your league could qualify for the Little League Grow the Grant Program
- Understand how to answer questions about the USABat Standard
Tournament Player and Team Verification:
Each eligible player who intends to participate in the 2018 Little League International Tournament is required to have a Player Verification Form and is to be plotted on the league’s boundary map by residency or school attendance , and identified on the tournament affidavit. On June 1, leagues and districts will be permitted to complete 2018 affidavits using the Little League® Data Center. The Player Verification Form will be automatically generated as part of the affidavit process. Leagues wishing to submit tournament team combinations may do so now through the Little League® Data Center.
Enter The Canon Little League Photo Contest
Once again, Canon and Little League have teamed up for the Canon Little League Photo Contest in 2018. Send in your favorite photos of the season for a chance to win Canon and Little League® prizes including a trip to the 2018 Little League Baseball® World Series. Go ahead, get inspired and hit it out of the park! Visit Faces.LittleLeague.org for more information and to submit your photos today. Be sure to also download the 2018 PIXMA Picture Perfect Season Activity Kit.
LLU “Lunch and Learn” Series
Throughout the last two months, members of the Little League International and Regional staff have provided a series of “Little League University Lunch and Learn,” webinars discussing top-of-mind subjects that your local league should be aware of. All of the webinar series videos can be found on Little League University, but here are some of the past webinars available on demand:
- Social Media and Websites
- Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Interleague Play Process
- Player Draft Methods
- Parents, Volunteers, and Appointments
- Combined Teams Process
Free Local League Technology Solutions
Local Little League programs are encouraged to create a free customized website with online registration through DICK’S Team Sports HQ, powered by Blue Sombrero. Along with the ability to host online registration and payments, DICK’S Team Sports HQ provides time-saving features not available in any other league technology platform. To get started today, visit LittleLeague.org/TSHQ.