Each month, Little League® International will provide a quick look at important information and events for the month ahead. All of this information will be available here and continue to be updated as new, timely resources become available. We invite you to review and share with your colleagues and friends.
Local League Operation Reminders
It’s officially tournament season! To help ensure that your league enjoys this exciting time of year, Little League has put together a list of things that local leagues should be considering and some resources to help guide the way.
- Utilize the Tournament Resources page to make sure your league has everything it needs for the 2018 tournament season.
- Help parents by sharing this survival guide for the tournament season
- Understand how to make a top-notch tournament team experience
- Share with parents everything you need to know about All-Stars
Rules and Regulations
- Understand all the updates to the Mandatory Play Rule
- Be sure to know all the rule changes for this year, especially those for tournament time
- Understand recent updates made to the Little League Child Protection Program
- Rules on modifying helmets with additional attachments
- Combined teams option during Tournament Season for D.A.s and local leagues
- Understand the consequences of assuming combined teams are automatically tournament eligible
- Following the Chain of Command and League Responsibilities for Tournament Season
- Know how to answer questions about the USABat Standard
Streaming and Trademarks
- Check and make sure you know the rules on live streaming your local games
- Know the consequences of streaming without permission
- Understand how to use Little League Trademarks when marketing your league around tournament season
- Know the ins-and-outs of funding tournament travel and other expenses
- Begin predicting expenses and fundraising for tournament
- Understand the rules for fundraising for tournament
- Help parents to understand where the local league finances go
- Begin to think about end-of-year financials
- See if your league could qualify for the Little League Grow the Grant Program
- Know how to handle the media during tournament season
- Identify approved Little League pins, trophy, and award vendors to honor your Little Leaguers
- Find ways to recognize your team for a fun, good season
Tournament Player and Team Verification:
Each eligible player who intends to participate in the 2018 Little League International Tournament is required to have a Player Verification Form and is to be plotted on the league’s boundary map by residency or school attendance , and identified on the tournament affidavit. On June 1, leagues and districts were permitted to complete 2018 affidavits using the Little League® Data Center. The Player Verification Form will be automatically generated as part of the affidavit process. Leagues wishing to submit tournament team combinations may do so now through the Little League® Data Center.
Free Local League Technology Solutions
Local Little League programs are encouraged to create a free customized website with online registration through DICK’S Team Sports HQ, powered by Blue Sombrero. Along with the ability to host online registration and payments, DICK’S Team Sports HQ provides time-saving features not available in any other league technology platform. To get started today, visit LittleLeague.org/TSHQ.