- League/District Officials and Volunteers
Pre-Game Plate Meetings:
- If possible, plate meetings should be eliminated.
- Social distancing of six feet between individuals should be implemented during all pre-game plate meetings between teams and umpires.
- Plate meetings should only consist of one manager or coach from each team, and game umpires.
- All participants should wear a cloth face covering.
- No players should ever be a part of plate meetings.
- Players should place their individual equipment in a well-spaced out manner for inspection. Umpires should avoid direct contact with equipment where possible but, when required, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol after the inspection of each individual piece of equipment.
Limit League/Game Volunteers:
- For each game, there should only be the required team managers/coaches, umpires, and one (1) league administrator (i.e. Safety Officer, player agent, etc.) in attendance.
- Practices should be limited to the managers/coaches and players.
- Scorekeeping should be done by team coaches or team parent/guardian via GameChanger. Proper social distancing should be practiced.
- Press boxes should not be utilized unless there is ample room for social distancing to occur within them.
Field Preparation and Maintenance:
- Fields should be mowed, raked, and lined prior to teams and spectators arriving at the complex and after they depart. It is encouraged that volunteers already participating in the game (managers/coaches, umpires, and league administrator) perform these tasks to limit individuals at the site.
- It is recommended that any shared field preparation equipment be sprayed or wiped with cleaner and disinfectant before and after each use.
- Umpires are permitted to be placed behind the pitcher’s mound/circle to call balls and strikes. Umpires are encouraged to keep a safe distance from players as much as possible and wear protective gloves.
- If physically able, umpires are encouraged to wear cloth face coverings while umpiring.
|Back: On-Field Guidance||NEXT: FACILITY, FAN, & ADMIN|