Russell Athletic and Little League® today unveiled new uniform combinations for the 2015 Little League Baseball® World Series. From the dugout to the diamond, Russell Athletic will once again outfit the eight U.S. regional teams and eight International teams competing for the Little League World Series title and also the teams participating in the other eight Little League World Series Tournaments, building upon the brand’s long-standing relationship with Little League Baseball and Softball dating back more than 30 years.
Following the wildly popular sublimation design debuted at last year’s event, the 2015 jerseys will once again feature unique shoulder sublimation. Each team uniform will be represented by a distinct color tailored exclusively to their region. The U.S. regional teams’ jerseys will feature unique sublimation with the states represented in each region, while International teams will have their region displayed in a similar pattern.
“At Russell Athletic, we know that the uniform is more than just a jersey. It’s a symbol of accomplishment, hard work and pride,” said Matt Murphy, Vice President of Marketing, Russell Athletic. “These players and coaches have a genuine love for the game and we’re thrilled to be a part of their baseball journey. It is a privilege to be the Official Uniform of the Little League World Series, and we congratulate all 16 teams on this exciting accomplishment.”
The uniforms parallel the innovations and trends of college and professional team uniforms with superior performance and durability features. Designs and decorations have been fully sublimated into the jerseys, eliminating the weight associated with twill numbers and lettering. The jersey material is breathable, lightweight stretch fabric used by many Division I universities and Minor League teams. The official Little League Keystone patch is sewn on the left sleeve of the jersey.
“The Little League World Series brings teams from across the globe together to celebrate their shared passion for baseball, and we value the opportunity to outfit every team at each of our nine events in quality uniforms,” said Liz DiLullo Brown, Little League Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships. “Our time-honored partnership with Russell Athletic allows us to ensure that all participants feel a sense of pride, belonging and accomplishment when they step up to the plate.”
- Exclusive style for the 2015 Little League Baseball World Series – available as an authentic replica to the for general public sale through Little League retail
- Lightweight, breathable stretch fabric used by many college and Minor League Baseball teams
- Fully sublimated decoration keeps jersey lighter and more breathable to enhance player performance
- Regional design incorporated on shoulders and chest - states representing each region will be printed across the shoulders and chest of the jersey
- Unique color combinations for each region
- Available for team purchase in 2016
- Performance undershirt made with Dri-Power® moisture wicking fabric
- ¾ length sleeves
- Fully sublimated design to match jersey
In addition to the Little League Baseball World Series, Russell Athletic will provide uniforms for the eight other Little League Baseball and Softball World Series Tournaments. Each division will sport similar uniform styles of those worn during the Little League Baseball World Series with the customized sublimation patterns that include the region names imprinted across the shoulders.
The additional events include:
- Big League Baseball (15-18-year-olds)
July 28 to Aug. 4 – Easley, S.C. (Easley Recreation Complex)
- Little League Intermediate (50/70) Baseball (11-13-year-olds)
Aug. 2 to Aug. 8 – Livermore, Calif. (Max Baer Park)
- Senior League Softball (13-16-year-old girls)
Aug. 2 to Aug. 8 – Lower Sussex, Del. (Little League Complex)
- Junior League Softball (13-14-year-old girls)
Aug. 2 to Aug. 8 – Kirkland, Wash. (Everest Park)
- Senior League Baseball (14-16-year-olds)
Aug. 2 to Aug. 8 – Bangor, Maine (Shawn T. Mansfield Stadium)
- Big League Softball (14-18-year-old girls)
Aug. 2 to Aug. 9 – Lower Sussex, Del. (Little League Complex)
- Little League Softball® (11-12-year-old girls)
Aug. 13 to Aug. 19 – Portland, Ore. (Alpenrose Stadium)
- Junior League Baseball (13-14-year-olds)
Aug. 16 to Aug. 23 – Taylor, Mich. (Heritage Park)
Expanding upon their commitment to provide the highest qualify uniforms for all ages and levels of play, Russell Athletic and Little League recently collaborated to provide coaches, league officers, and district administrators a custom ordering option that makes ordering and receiving Little League uniforms easier and more convenient than ever. The newly launched LittleLeagueUniforms.com is a one-stop-online shop for designing, customizing and purchasing group orders of uniforms.
The Little League Baseball World Series begins on Thursday, Aug. 20 in Williamsport, Pa., with the Championship Game scheduled for 3 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 30, airing on ABC. For more information on the Series and to follow the action live, visit llbws.org.