2014 Dates Set for the Nine Little League® World Series Tournaments
Next year marks the 75th Anniversary of Little League®, and the celebration will culminate at Little League’s nine World Series Tournaments. Stephen D. Keener, Little League Baseball and Softball President and CEO, announced today the dates and sites of the nine 2014 Little League World Series tournaments, which the Little League International Board of Directors has approved.
Starting with the first pitch of the Big League Baseball World Series on July 23, there will be 33 straight days of exciting Little League Baseball and Softball tournament action, with nine world champions capturing the banners.
Last year, the inaugural Little League Intermediate (50/70) Baseball World Series was played in Livermore, Calif., and the Big League Softball World Series relocated to Lower Sussex, Del. Both of those tournaments return to those locations for 2014.
Starting with the Big League Baseball World Series (Easley, S.C.) from July 23 to 30, the five additional baseball World Series tournaments will continue with the Little League Intermediate (50/70) World Series (Livermore, Calif.) from July 29 to August 4; the Junior League World Series (Taylor, Mich.) and Senior League World Series (Bangor, Maine) from August 9 to 16 and the Little League Baseball® World Series (South Williamsport, Pa.) from August 14 to 24.
The four softball World Series tournaments open the month of August, with Big League Softball and Senior League Softball (Lower Sussex, Del.) playing its championships August 3 to 9, followed by the Little League Softball® (Portland, Ore.) division August 7 to 13, and the Junior League Softball (Kirkland, Wash.) August 10 to 16.
The World Series Tournament season will come to a conclusion with the 68th Annual Little League Baseball World Series Championship Game on Sunday, August 24 in South Williamsport, Pa. This will also mark the grand finale of Little League’s 75th Anniversary Celebration. All World Series Championship Games will be broadcast live on the ESPN Family of Networks, which will also air coverage of the Little League Tournament games.
The Little League International Tournament is open to any chartered league in the United States and more than 80 other countries. More than 10,000 teams begin the quest for a Little League World Series Championship in nine divisions. About 9,000 are eliminated in the first three weeks of play. About 45,000 games are played in nine divisions leading up to the various World Series tournaments. More than 16,000 of those games are played in the Little League Baseball division, the equivalent of more than six Major League Baseball seasons.
2014 Little League World Series Schedule
- Big League Baseball (15-18-year-olds)
- July 23 to July 30 – Easley, S.C. (Easley Recreation Complex) – 14th season in Easley; 47th season overall
- 2013 Champion: South Carolina District 7 (Greenville)
- Little League Intermediate (50/70) Baseball (11-13-year-olds)
- July 29 to Aug. 4 – Livermore, Calif. (Max Baer Park) – 2nd season in Livermore; 2nd season overall
- 2013 Champion: Izumisano Little League (Osaka, Japan)
- Big League Softball (14-18-year-old girls)
- Aug. 3 to Aug. 9 – Lower Sussex (Del.) Little League Complex – 2nd Season in Lower Sussex; 33st season overall
- 2013 Champion: Delaware District 3 Little League (Lower Sussex, Del.)
- Senior League Softball (13-16-year-old girls)
- Aug. 3 to Aug. 9 – Lower Sussex (Del.) Little League Complex – 11th season in Lower Sussex; 39th season overall
- 2013 Champion: Indiana District 11 Little League (South Bend, Ind.)
- Little League Softball® (11-12-year-old girls)
- Aug. 7 to Aug. 13 – Portland, Ore. (Alpenrose Stadium) – 21st season in Portland; 41th season overall
- 2013 Champion: Sunnyside Little League (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Junior League Softball (13-14-year-old girls)
- Aug. 10 to Aug. 16 – Kirkland, Wash. (Everest Park) – 16th season in Kirkland; 16th season overall
- 2013 Champion: Palma Ceia/Tampa Bay/Bayshore Little League (Tampa, Fla.)
- Junior League Baseball (13-14-year-olds)
- Aug. 9 to Aug. 16 – Taylor, Mich. (Heritage Park) – 34nd season in Taylor; 34nd season overall
- 2013 Champion: Shing-Ming Junior Little League (Taoyuan, Chinese Taipei)
- Senior League Baseball (14-16-year-olds)
- Aug. 10 to Aug. 16 – Bangor, Maine (Shawn T. Mansfield Stadium) – 13th season in Bangor; 54nd season overall
- 2013 Champion: Chitre Little League (Chitre, Herrera, Panama)
- Little League Baseball® (11-12-year-olds)
- Aug. 14 to Aug. 24 – South Williamsport, Pa. (Lamade/Volunteer Stadiums) – 56th season in South Williamsport; 68th season overall
- 2013 Champion: Musashi Fuchu Little League (Tokyo, Japan)