2013 Little League Baseball® World Series Teams Paired with Team Hosts
Every year, the focus of the 2013 Little League Baseball® World Series is placed squarely on the players from the 16 teams that come to South Williamsport, and it is up to the 32 team hosts, known as their uncles and aunts during the 10-day series, to make sure those players have a Little League® experience that lasts a lifetime. The 67th Little League Baseball World Series will be played Aug. 15-25.
Two team hosts are responsible for ensuring that each team is on time for games and practices, arranging their team’s uniform fittings, helping with the coordination of the media activities and making sure that many other daily tasks go smoothly for the players, coaches and managers.
These volunteers spend every day of the World Series with their assigned team. Only the team hosts, players, managers and coaches are allowed in the Dr. Creighton J. Hale International Grove during the Little League Baseball World Series.
The uncles and aunts forge a lasting bond with their players, coaches and managers over the Little League Baseball World Series, and many stay in touch after the World Series is over.
The result of the random draw for their team assignment was completed June 13, 2013, as part of the annual Little League Baseball World Series Luncheon. The pairings are listed below.
2013 Little League Baseball World Series Team Hosts Assignments (listed in order of total years of service per team; individual years of service in parentheses):
- Asia-Pacific Region - Mick Cioffi (37), Denny Logan (11)
- Midwest Region - George Girio (26), Larry Missigman (22)
- Europe and Africa Region - Dick Reitz (30), Willy Weber (7)
- Northwest Region - Edward Weinhoffer (28), Richard Smith (4)
- Japan Region - Peter Lupacchino (21), Bruce Sechrist (10)
- Caribbean Region - William Castle (25), Scott Metzger (5)
- Southwest Region - Hess Wertz (15), Charles Snyder (15)
- Latin America Region - Joe Girio (16), Lee Miller (13)
- West Region - John Eastlake (15), Ron Wagner (13)
- Mexico Region - Dennis Loner (15), Lynn Datres (13)
- Southeast Region - Thomas Rachael (15), Jim Kriner (11)
- Great Lakes Region - Gary Weaver (16), Frank Missigman (9)
- Australia Region - Marlin Cromley (15), Stan Helt, Sr. (9)
- Mid-Atlantic Region - Carol Zysset (13), Doug Alexander (9)
- Canada Region - Ron Frick (11), Van Ransom (9)
- New England Region - Mike Knight (8), Mike Lundy (5)
- Utility Hosts - Paul Weaver (44), Dan Ayers (13), Carol Weinhoffer (8), Jeff Tompkins (3)
2013 Team Hosts:
Front Row (Left to Right): Doug Alexander, Carol Zysset, Richard Smith, Mick Cioffi, Ron Frick, Stan Helt Sr., Marlin Cromley, Dennis Loner, Lynn Datres, Peter Lupacchino, Hess Wertz, Scott Metzger, Mike Lundy, Joe Girio
Back Row (Left to Right): Carol Weinhoffer, Edward Weinhoffer, Denny Logan, Dan Ayers, John Eastlake, William Webber, Bruce Sechrist, Dick Reitz, Frank Missgman, Jeff Tompkins, Larry Missigman, Charles Snyder, Mike Knight, Lee Miller, Jim Kriner
Absent from the photo: William Castle, Gary Weaver, Ron Wagner, Van Ransom, George Girio, Thomas Rachael, Paul Weaver