Little Leagues Can Host MLB Pitch, Hit and Run Competitions
Local Little Leagues wishing to provide players with a skills assessment program are encouraged to host a Major League Baseball’s 2013 Pitch, Hit and Run competition.
Pitch, Hit and Run is the official skills competition of Major League Baseball and can be hosted by any local Little League. An administrative kit is provided.
The Major League Baseball (MLB) Pitch, Hit and Run (PHR) is a free one-day skills competition for boys and girls ages 7-14 that emphasizes the fun elements of baseball and softball, which allows children to showcase their pitching, hitting and running abilities. For the fourth straight year, MLB also will have a nationwide girls softball division for girls age 7-14.
The top participants in both the boys and girls divisions can advance through four (4) levels of competition, including team championships at Major League ballparks, and the National Finals at the 2013 Major League Baseball All-Star Game in New York this July.
Children compete in four age groups: 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 and 13-14.
To bring a MLB Pitch, Hit and Run competition to your Little League, community or neighborhood, log on to www.mlb.com/phr to submit an on-line registration with a date, time and competition location. The administrative kit includes a handbook, “Strike Zone” banner, registration forms, award ribbons, participation cards and more.
LEVELS OF COMPETITION
Local Competition - March 1 – Mid May
- All-Around, Pitching, Hitting and Running Champions advance from each age group.
Sectional Competition - Mid May-Early June
- Each Sectional is part of an MLB team’s geographic market.
- All-Around Champions in each age group are eligible to advance.
- The top scores among the Sectional All-Around Champions within each Major League Baseball geographic market will advance to the Team Championships.
MLB Team Championship - June (weekends)
- Held in all 30 Major League Ballparks.
- Participants must place first in their age group to be eligible to advance. The top scores in each age group out of all 30 MLB Team Championships will advance to the National Finals.
- National Finals - 2013 MLB All-Star Week
National Finalists receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2013 All-Star Game. Finalists will participate in an array of festivities, including a PHR Welcome Reception, MLB Brunch and All-Star FanFest. Finalists will compete on the field prior to shagging fly balls during the Home Run Derby and attending the All-Star Game.
At each level of competition, competitors will receive an item for their participation. Prizes at different levels of competition include ribbons, medals, trophies and other awards. National Finalists receive a trip to the 2013 Major League Baseball All-Star Game.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please, contact our PHR Headquarters at LEJ Sports Group by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, at: (770) 641-7519.