> Little League Online > Media > Little League News Archive > 2006 > Teams Arrive for 60th Little League Baseball World Series
Teams Arrive for 60th Little League Baseball World Series
A player for the Canada Region Champion prepares to introduce himself for ESPN cameras. The recording will be used before his team’s games on national television.
First on the agenda for every team was a look at Howard J. Lamade Stadium from the upper bank beyond the left field fence. Then the players checked into the dorms at Dr. Creighton J. Hale International Grove where they will live for nearly two weeks during the Series. After that, the first meal in the Dining Hall, then practice schedules, uniform fittings, and team and individual photos.
Each of the 16 teams from around the globe in the Little League Baseball World Series is provided transportation to Williamsport and back home at no charge. Teams also receive room and board for free on the Little League International complex. No team or league pays an entry fee of any kind for the Little League Baseball World Series.
Below is a list of this year’s entrants in the Little League Baseball World Series, followed by a photo gallery from the activities of the first two days.
- Asia Region Champion: Kawaguchi City Little League; Kawaguchi City, Japan
- Canada Region Champion: Whalley Little League; Surrey, B.C.
- Caribbean Region Champion: Pabao Little League; Willemstad, Curacao
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Region Champion: Brateevo Little League; Moscow, Russia
- Great Lakes Region Champion: Lemont Little League; Lemont, Ill.
- Latin America Region Champion: Cardenales Little League; Barquisimeto, Lara, Venezuela
- Mexico Region Champion: Matamoros Little League; Taumalipas, Mexico
- Mid-Atlantic Champion: Mid-Island Little League; Staten Island, N.Y.
- Midwest Region Champion: Daniel Boone National Little League; Columbia, Mo.
- New England Region Champion: Portsmouth Little League; Portsmouth, N.H.
- Northwest Region Champion: Murrayhill Little League; Beaverton, Ore.
- Pacific Region Champion: Saipan Little League; Saipan, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
- Southeast Region Champion: Columbus Northern Little League; Columbus, Ga.
- Southwest Region Champion: South Lake Charles Little League; Lake Charles, La.
- Transatlantic Region Champion: Arabian American Little League; Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- West Region Champion: Ahwatukee American Little League; Phoenix, Ariz.
|The Great Lakes Region Champions arrive at the Little League International complex, the first team to do so for the 60th Little League Baseball World Series.|
|Dorms in the Dr. Creighton J. Hale International Grove are readied for the first team.|
|Once off the bus, players gravitate to the hill overlooking Howard J. Lamade Stadium.|
|A New England Region Champion player arrives at his team’s dorm for the first time.|
|A team receives a briefing from one of the Team Hosts in the Dining Hall, not long after arrival.|
|Every player’s height and weight is recorded within a day of arrival at the Little League Baseball World Series.|
|Another step is a team photo. Here, the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Champion poses for a picture with Howard J. Lamade Stadium in the background.|