Volume 4, No. 7 - October 2009
Hitting Drills - Throw Drill
Little League Baseball Camps offer a variety of skills and drills to make a complete ballplayer. The drill we are sharing this month is one of the many drills taught at camp. The reason I selected this drill is because it’s easy to do, can be done in a backyard and it emphasizes proper hitting mechanics.
- Hitting drill is actually completed by the hitter throwing the ball instead of hitting the ball with a bat.
- RH hitter will grab the pinky of the right hand (top hand) with the pointer finger of the left hand (bottom hand).
- RH hitter will hold a baseball in the right hand (top hand) and stand as if he is going to hit a live pitch.
- Using the proper swing mechanics the hitter will throw the ball to the correct field based on the location of the release point when the ball is thrown.
- Can work on all fields.
- Emphasize using correct hitting mechanics.