Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get there?
The World of Little League®: Peter J. McGovern Museum and Official Store is located at 525 Montgomery Pike (U.S. 15) in South Williamsport, Pa. The museum is on the Little League International complex, two miles south of Williamsport (Routes 220 and 180). From the south, it is 15 miles north of Interstate 180 on Route 15.
What are the hours and rates?
The museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, Monday through Sunday. It is closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays. General admission is $5. It is $2 for children (ages 5 through 12) and $3 for senior citizens (62 years and older). Children four and younger are admitted free of charge. Other hours are by appointment only.
Is the museum accessible to those who have a disability?
Yes. All of the exhibits are on one level. Parking is also available.
Do you have group rates and guided tours?
We offer group rates for pre-registered organizations of at least 25 people. Rates are $1 for children between the ages of 5 and 12; $4 for general admission; $2 for senior citizens and children 4 and younger are admitted free. Guided tours and group rates are not offered during the Little League Baseball World Series. There is an additional fee for guided group tours (pre-registration required) of the Little League International complex.
Does Dugout make appearances at parties or tours at the museum?
Dugout, if available, makes private off-site appearances. Please contact the museum at 570-326-3607 for additional information. There is a fee.
Can the museum be rented after hours?
Yes. The World of Little League®: Peter J. McGovern Museum and Official Store has a unique rental space for businesses, corporations and individuals – perfect for showcasing the area to employees, clients or visitors. Download the Facility Rental Agreement pdf document here.
- After-hours rentals are from 5 p.m. (after the museum closes) until 10 p.m.
- The cost is $500 for the five-hours (this includes set-up and tear down times).
- If additional tear-down time is needed, the cost is $75 for each one-half hour increment.
- The $100 deposit fee will be applied to the cost of the rental, which is due the day of the event.
- In case of cancellation, the deposit is non-refundable within five days of the event.
- The renter is responsible for any damages incurred as a result of the event.
- The renter is responsible for basic clean up and removal of garbage to Dumpster.
- Museum staff is not responsible for catering or clean up, but will be on site.
- The maximum capacity is 200 guests.
- Food and beverages are limited to the First and Fourth Innings (galleries).
- The exhibits on the first floor are open for the event.
- A “Welcome (your group’s name)” sign will be visible as guests enter the museum’s store.
- The Museum Store will be open for purchases if attendees wish.
- No alcohol or tobacco products are permitted on either the museum or the Little League International complex property, including parking lots.
- The renter must provide a certificate of insurance naming LL as an additional insured at least one week before the event.
- The museum is not available for rentals during the month of August.
- The museum may only be used for not-for-profit activities.
- Marketing or vending by the renter is not permitted.
- Little League must approve any signage placed outside the building.
- Pennsylvania College of Technology (catering and rental)
- Country Store Catering (catering)
- Grammy Sue’s Bakery
- Any Event Rental
- Grand Rental Station
Sunday through Saturday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Rental Base Rate
1-200 people - $500
Is the museum store open?
Yes, the museum store is open whenever the museum is open, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday. It is closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Does the museum offer birthday parties?
No. The museum is not offering birthday parties at this time.
Is there a restaurant at the museum?
No. No food or drinks are permitted in the museum. There are several restaurants nearby, however.
Where may I park my Recreational Vehicle/camper?
Parking for large vehicles, including buses, typically can be accommodated at the west end of the museum’s parking lot. During the Little League Baseball World Series, however, there is alternate parking.
Will I see where the Little League Baseball World Series is played?
Yes. The museum is on the Little League International complex, where the World Series is held. A self-guided walking tour of the complex is available from museum staff or you may step onto our Viewing Plaza for an overview.
What is your telephone number?
The museum number is (570) 326-3607. All other Little League calls should be directed to (570) 326-1921.
Do you have language translations available?
We anticipate having audio-recorded tours available in a number of languages in early 2014.
What will I see in the museum?
The mission of The World of Little League®: Peter J. McGovern Museum and Official Store is to educate the general public about the history, service, goals and initiatives of Little League Baseball and Softball.
This has been accomplished through a conscientious effort to obtain and curate artifacts and archival materials pertaining to the organization. These artifacts are organized for research and educational purposes and used in interpretive displays which can be enjoyed by individuals of all ages.
The museum shares the reasons Little League has become the world’s largest and most respected youth sports program. The Little League story unfolds in an exhibit response that flows directly from the concept of a six inning Little League game. The exhibits are comprised of a rich mixture of authentic Little League heritage, artifacts and images and cutting-edge technology.
I only want to stop by the museum store; do I have to pay admission?
No, you may visit the museum store when it is open during museum hours without paying admission. The museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily Monday through Sunday except for New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
How do I sign up my child for Summer Camp?
This information is available at http://www.littleleague.org/learn/about/camps.htm