> Little League Online > Learn More > Start/Find a League > Reasons to Affiliate > Why Little League Rules: Full List
Why Little League Rules: Full List
- Reason 1: Training and Education
- Free access is available to Little League Manager and Coach Resource Center for all chartered leagues. Clinics and seminars for Managers, Coaches, Umpires, and League Officials are offered at Little League International, regional centers, and many other locations across the country every year. Umpires stay current with Little League’s Umpire Registry and soon-to-be launched free online resource center.
- Reason 2: Little League Is for Everyone
- Programs/divisions of play for boys and girls ages 4-to-18. Little League also provides opportunities for children who are mentally or physically challenged; or reside in urban and metropolitan areas. Little League offers a healthy combination of community-based programming by offering regular season play among local teams and access to the world’s largest youth baseball tournament for more advanced players.
- Reason 3: Instant Recognition
- The “Little League” name is the most recognized and respected name in youth sports. The “Little League” brand can help a local program grow through name recognition and the many program opportunities Little League offers. Worldwide recognition comes every August as at least 70 Little League Baseball and Softball games are televised worldwide on ABC and ESPN.
- Reason 4: Service and Support
- Free service and support includes a rules interpretation service; operating manuals provided to board members every year; baseball and softball rulebooks; tax exemption assistance; and full-time staff available to answer questions and concerns.
- Reason 5: The Little League World Series
- Eight World Series tournaments for boys and girls ages 11-18, offer games televised worldwide on ABC and ESPN. Four other age divisions advance teams to state-level tournaments. The Little League World Series is the largest, and most well renowned, youth sporting tournament in the world.
- Reason 6: Little League Saves You Money
- Most leagues can charter and insure teams through Little League for an average cost of about $5 per player, and all receive free rulebooks. Each league receives 125 free background checks and an unlimited number of checks at $1 per check. During tournament season, each participating league receives a $1-per-mile travel reimbursement above the district level.
- Reason 7: Incentive Program for New Leagues
- In the first year of affiliation, a league receives 50 free rulebooks and 50 percent off its Little League patch order. In the league’s second year of affiliation, the $16-per-team charter fee is waived.
- Reason 8: History and Mission of Little League
- Little League Baseball and Softball founded in 1939, is the world’s largest organized youth sports program, with nearly 2.5 million players and one million adult volunteers in every U.S. state and scores of other countries. The Little League organization is a Federal Incorporation - the only youth sports program so honored, giving it the same status as the America Red Cross and other icons of the nation.