Frequently Asked Questions on Chartering a League
- Q-1: How much does it cost to join Little League?
- A: The cost of affiliating with Little League is $16 per team for all age levels in baseball and softball.
- Q-2: What does my league need to do in order to join Little League?
- A: There are three steps that must be completed in order to charter with Little League. First, you must complete and submit a Charter Application. You may request a charter application online on our Affiliation Information Form page.
Second, you must submit a copy of your league's constitution. Use this sample constitution as a guide.
Third, you must submit a league boundary map signed by your league president and your Little League District Administrator. A boundary map should be a physical map of your community with your league boundaries outlined and described in writing.
- Q-3: Where should I send my charter application?
- A: Your charter application should be sent to Little League International at:
539 US Rte 15 Hwy
PO Box 3485
Williamsport PA 17701-0485
Your boundary map and constitution should be sent to your respective regional office.
- Q-4: What is the deadline for submitting a charter application?
- A: Leagues should submit their charter application prior to beginning their regular season. The deadline to submit a charter application is June 8.
- Q-5: How long does it take for my charter application to be approved?
- A: Once the charter application, constitution, and boundary map are submitted; most applications are approved within 2 weeks.
- Q-6: Are Little League programs required to carry insurance?
- A: Yes. All Little League programs are required to carry both accident and general liability insurance. Both of those insurances are available at very competitive rates through the Little League program. Often leagues can save money by purchasing insurance through the Little League program.
- Q-7: What amount should I place in Box G on the Charter Application (liability insurance)?
- A: Liability insurance is based on the number of teams your league is chartering. Rates are based on the number of teams in the league and are similar to the amounts below:
1 or 2 teams: $236 flat
3 – 7 teams: $337 flat
8 – 14 teams: $539 flat
15 or more teams: $30.30 per team +$135 flat
For an actual quote for your league, please call Little League International at (570) 326-1921
- Q-8: When will I receive my league's rule books?
- A: Each league receives a rule book free of charge for each team chartered. Rule books will be sent within one to two weeks after your league's charter is processed.
- Q-9: When can my league register to participate in the Little League International Tournament?
- A: A Tournament Enrollment Application will be mailed to your league several months before the start of the tournament. Your league may register at that time.
- Q-10: How much does it cost to compete in the Little League International Tournament?
- A: The tournament entry fee is $150. This is paid prior to entering the district tournament and covers all tournament participation through the World Series level of play. Leagues will be reimbursed for tournament travel at a rate of $1 per mile for one round trip to the tournament site for all tournament play beyond the district level.