Little League Policy on Roster/Registration Data Information
Little League Baseball, Incorporated requires chartered Little Leagues to submit rosters annually to headquarters (Regulation IV g). Rosters are required to provide player information including date of birth, parent or guardian contact information and individual team's coaches and manager. A player, manager or coach who is injured must be on roster at Little League International to be covered by Little League insurance.
Rosters should be submitted through the "Little League Data Center" on www.LittleLeague.org. This web site will provide a downloadable spreadsheet as well as accepting formats from Licensed Products and Active.com. This is a secure and easy way to provide the required data on players, managers and coaches, and insures that Little League International receives the data that is required.
The information provided on rosters is utilized by Little League International in the following ways:
- To catalog and record each individual player into yearly listing of participants in the Little League program. These records are maintained in the Little League archives and for historical purposes through the Little League Museum.
- To keep a record of the coaches and managers involved in the Little League Program and their associated team and league. This information is used to send the Little League Magazine for their team's players during the season
- Household mailing addresses reported on rosters are occasionally used to provide information to you about the Little League program. Should information be sent to you, it will be sent under the cover of "Current Resident" or "To the Parent or Guardian of Little League Participant"
Note: Rosters may be sent to Little League International any time prior to April 1, 2014.
Our Commitment to Security
Little League Baseball, Incorporated has implemented physical, electronic and managerial processes to safeguard the privacy of the information it obtains.
Advice to Children and Parents
We strongly advise children to get their parent(s) or guardian(s) to review any information they intend to transmit and get their permission before submitting any kind of personal data to anyone over the Internet. We urge parents to repeatedly discuss with their children the danger of giving personal information to anyone (online or in person) whom they don't personally know. We also encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children monitoring and reviewing their children’s online activity. As a policy, no person under the age of 13 is permitted to register directly to receive Little League’s electronic communications.
What personal information do we collect for our electronic database?
Little League Baseball, Incorporated requires chartered Little Leagues to submit player registration data and coach/manager data to be in compliance with Regulation IV (g) as well as league officer information at the time of chartering annually. Complete data for all players, managers/coaches and league officers is required. Player registration data must include the date of birth of the player and parent or guardian contact information. The local league must verify the accuracy of such information annually. A player, manager or coach must be listed on the data submitted to Little League International in order to be covered by Little League National Accident Insurance, provided it is purchased by the league.
All data is submitted electronically through the secure “Little League Data Center” on www.LittleLeague.org/datacenter. This website details the acceptable formats including a downloadable spreadsheet as well as from reports available from the ACTIVE Network’s league management software (www.ACTIVE.com).
How do we use personal information collected and received
Any information gathered by Little League Baseball on this website, through the League Player Registration and Coach/Manager registration process and/or by any other means, will be used for the purpose of furthering the mission of Little League Baseball, Incorporated. Little League Baseball, Incorporated does not sell any information collected from you to outside companies.
On occasion, we may provide special offers or services through Little League Baseball, Incorporated and/or its sponsors, licensees or other business associates. We also may use the information to fulfill your requests for information or products or to respond to your inquiries about our program. We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to update you on new rules , regulations or risk management issues, ask your opinion through surveys and research, notify you that you have won a contest, or provide you with the latest news story being covered by Little League International.
The information you provide in connection with our website and email communications, online forums, social media sites and communities is used to create an interactive experience. We may use this information to facilitate conversation and from time to time, offer you information, programs and services.
Should you receive information from Little League or one of our partners, this information will be clearly identified with Little League International identification marks in adherence with our trademark registration.
The data provided to Little League is utilized by Little League International in the ways such as the following:
- To catalog and record each individual player into a yearly listing of participants in the Little League program. These records are maintained in the Little League archives and for historical purposes through the Little League Museum. This information may also be used for operational issues that may arise with respect to eligibility of the participants in a local league program.
- To maintain a record of the coaches and managers involved in the Little League program and their associated team and/or league. This information is used to provide seasonal training materials, to send the Little League Magazine for their team’s players during the season as well as operational issues that may arise requiring contact with Little League International.
- Email addresses provided to Little League International through the league player record sharing process by each player’s parent(s) or guardian(s), and coach and/or manager are incorporated into Little League International’s electronic database for the current season. Individuals receive an “Opt-In” welcome announcement and are given the choice to opt-in to receive communications from Little League. Every communication sent will provide you an option to “Opt-Out”.
- Household mailing addresses reported by leagues are occasionally used to provide information to those residents about the Little League program. Should information be sent, it will be sent under the cover of “Current Resident” or “To the Parent or Guardian of Little League Participant.”
Player and coach/manager information must be sent to Little League International in accordance with Regulation IV(g) of the Little League Rulebook.
At Little League International, we collect information in addition to player registration data and coach/manager data in order to help identify you and/or your child’s interests in the Little League program and the associated League with which you may be affiliated. On our websites and through our various links to resources and information, you can read articles, view discussion boards, enter contests, participate in promotions, express your opinion, shop online or subscribe to our online portals, emails and newsletters. On occasion, we may ask for personal contact information from you for purposes such as:
1. to provide you with information that you’ve requested based on your selected preferences upon Opt-In;
2. to enable us to respond to your inquiry;
3. to register you for a contest or promotion;
4. to take your subscription for a Little League publication or web-based portal, or;
5. for league operation and education.
You also have the opportunity to “Opt-Out” of any Little League controlled electronic large group communication at any time by sending an email to at LLInternational@LittleLeague.org and typing Unsubscribe in the subject line or by clicking on the Safe Unsubscribe™ link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Please note that some information you receive may direct you to a non-Little League website. Please refer to these web sites for specific Privacy Policies and use of data as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Individual Submissions and Promotions
We sometimes offer coupons, special discounts, contests, games, and promotions on behalf of Little League International and/or our national partners; or invite you to submit stories, photos, comments, or questions to certain areas of our website. On these occasions, we may ask you to voluntarily submit additional information along with your submission so that we can notify you if you are a winner, or to respond to (or ask) questions.
Cookies -- What are they?
As you browse LittleLeague.org, cookies or similar technology may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what information interests you on our site, in order to continue to provide information in the future. On occasion, we may provide target advertising through partners like AdRoll and Facebook to present you with additional information about our program and its offerings based on your previous interaction with LittleLeague.org. These techniques do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. We also work with third party companies to assist us with website analytics such as evaluating the use and operation of our website so that we can continue to enhance the website(s) and the information contained within. You can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/ choices/ to opt-out of tracking and targeted advertising using cookies or similar technology.
Questions or Concerns
This policy was last updated on November 11, 2013. Little League Baseball, Incorporated reserves the right to modify this policy from time to time as Little League Baseball, Incorporated determines to be appropriate.
Responsibility of Local Little Leagues