Tournament Fee Adjustment: Little League International has increased the tournament entry fee by $50 per team, beginning with the 2016 season. Leagues wishing to enter teams in any of Little League’s tournaments will now pay an entrance fee of $200 per team. One hundred percent of the money collected from the tournament enrollment fee goes directly to local leagues to help offset tournament-related expenses.
D.A. Action: Send an email to your League Presidents reiterating this information, and go over their questions or concerns in your next monthly meeting.
Reminder for Local Leagues: Little League University, the new training and education website, is being updated regularly with new articles, videos and other content. Remember, there is a dedicated section for District Administrators and Assistants that contains information to help you fulfill your roles and responsibilities as you service the leagues in your district. All D.A. and A.D.A. accounts have been pre-registered. Visit LittleLeagueU.org and complete your registration today.
D.A. Strategy: Use Little League University as a training tool for your entire staff and yourself. Organize a training session in a comfortable room with the necessary audio and video settings in order to show the training videos and material available.
D.A. Action: Define training goals for you and your team.
2016 ASAP Information: Information and materials to facilitate the 2016 A Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) are currently available online at the Little League website.
- As Safety Officers complete the 2016 ASAP plan for their leagues, they are reminded that a copy of the plan is to be mailed to Little League International (539 U.S. Route 15 Highway, Williamsport, Pa., 17701-0485) along with the 2016 Qualified Safety Program Regulation form. Districts and leagues will be notified about a new online submission process early in 2016. The deadline for Districts to complete the process regarding the District monetary incentive for early local league participation is Friday, March 11. The deadline for local leagues not participating in the District incentive is April 1, 2016. E-mail submission of plans will NOT be accepted.
- Game Site Selection for Tournament Play: If your district intends to host any Little League International Tournament games above the district level, by Little League Tournament rule, the host league must have an approved ASAP plan. Also remember that ASAP plans must be implemented before the season starts in order to qualify as an approved plan for the current year.
D.A. Strategy: Figure out a local incentive for your leagues. Remember that tournaments or special games events should not be awarded to leagues without an ASAP plan.
- Please remind all of your leagues about the critical importance of being diligent and transparent in their accounting procedures and incorporating checks and balances to protect themselves from financial problems.
- Now is the time of year to begin completing background checks. The first 125 checks for each league have been paid for by Little League International at no charge to the league/district.
- Leagues are encouraged to complete first aid and CPR training prior to the start of their regular season.
- The most recent editions of the ASAP Newsletter are available online.
D.A. Strategy: Incorporate the four (4) items above in this month’s meeting and cover any questions or concerns. Set a timeline to accomplish these goals and ask League Presidents to give you the name of the person who will be responsible for completing these tasks.
Visit LittleLeagueToolkit.org: Please encourage your leagues to take advantage of the resources provided at LittleLeagueToolkit.org. The site is a complimentary site to the Chartering and Marketing Toolkit and provides valuable resources for all leagues and your district. The 2016 season is the first where all league charter and insurance applications will be processed on-line.
D.A. Action: Coordinate a training session with the Marketing & PR officers of the leagues in your district to go over the toolkit both physically and online. Make sure the room has audio/video capabilities and has Internet readily available. (Ask each league to name its Marketing & PR officer if they do not currently have one)
Chartering and Insurance Reminders: Please remind all local leagues that their 2015 Insurance coverage ended on 12/31/15. Submission of a 2016 charter application prior to the end of the year ensured that a league does not have a break in insurance coverage. It is important to note that without proper insurance coverage, a league and its officials will not be properly covered for any league activities. Liability and Accident Insurance will not be in force for the 2016 season until the league has chartered and paid their premiums in full.
D.A. Action: Send an email reminder where you reiterate this point and letting them know that any activity conducted at this point is not covered unless they charter and pay for their insurance.
D.A. Strategy: Remind your leagues that when they charter and pay their insurance, they can use this benefit and publicly promote or advertise it to their constituents. Parents will get satisfaction knowing that they are registering their kids in a safe and protected environment.
This District Administrator Bulletin is sent monthly to District Administrators and Assistant District Administrators via e-mail.
Little League International • P.O. Box 3485 • 539 US Route 15 Hwy • Williamsport, PA 17701 • P: 570-326-1921