The 16 Region Champions who come to compete at the Little League Baseball® World Series have dreams of bringing home the Championship Banner, but all of them will bring back lifelong memories of a fun, exciting experience. Assisting them throughout their time in South Williamsport, Pa., though, are a group of dedicated volunteer team hosts. These hosts were paired with their teams at the 2016 Little League Baseball World Series Luncheon on Thursday, June 16.
All 16 teams have two dedicated team hosts that are responsible for ensuring their team has everything they need during the World Series. In addition to being the team’s main liaison with their family and the Little League International staff, team hosts help keep the teams on schedule with practices and games, handle media requests, and organize outside activities.
The hosts forge a lasting bond with their players, coaches, and managers over the Little League Baseball World Series, and many stay in touch after the World Series is over.
2016 Little League Baseball World Series Team Hosts Assignments (listed in order of total years of service per team; individual years of service in parentheses):
- Latin America Region – Mick Cioffi (40), Denny Logan (14)
- Australia Region – George Girio (29), Larry Missigman (25)
- Asia-Pacific Region – Dick Reitz (33), Willy Weber (10)
- West Region – Edward Weinhoffer (31), Richard Smith (7)
- Midwest Region – Peter Lupacchino (24), Bruce Sechrist (13)
- New England Region – William Castle (28), Scott Metzger (8)
- Mexico Region – Hess Wertz (18), Charles Snyder (18)
- Mid-Atlantic Region – Joe Girio (19), Lee Miller (16)
- Northwest Region – Dennis Loner (18), Lynn Datres (15)
- Southeast Region – Thomas Rachael (18), Jim Kriner (14)
- Caribbean Region – Gary Weaver (19), Frank Missigman (12)
- Japan Region – Marlin Cromley (18), Stan Helt, Sr. (12)
- Europe & Africa Region – Carol Zysset (16), Doug Alexander (12)
- Great Lakes Region – Ron Frick (14), Van Ransom (12)
- Southwest Region – John Eastlake (18), Jeff Tompkins (6)
- Canada Region – Mike Knight (11), Mike Lundy (8)
- Utility Hosts - Carol Weinhoffer (11), Gary Mayers (8), Josh Lupacchino (4), Mike Miller (2), Chuck Deluca (2), Gary Whiteman (1), and Ryan Miller (1)
The 2016 Little League Baseball World Series team hosts that will be assisting the teams from the United States regions (left to right): Thomas Rachael, Ron Frick, Lynn Datres, Van Ransom, Scott Metzger, Bruce Sechrist, Joe Girio, Peter Lupacchino, Jim Kriner, Lee Miller, and John Eastlake (not pictured: Dennis Loner, William Castle, Jeff Tompkins, Edward Weinhoffer, and Richard Smith).
The 2016 Little League Baseball World Series team hosts that will be assisting the teams from the International regions (left to right): Dick Reitz, Willy Weber, Mike Lundy, Charles Snyder, Frank Missigman, Carol Zysett, Doug Alexander, Mick Cioffi, George Girio, and Stan Helt (not pictured: Denny Logan, Hess Wertz, Gary Weaver, Mike Knight, Marlin Cromley, and Larry Missigman).
The 2016 Little League Baseball World Series utility hosts (left to right): Gary Mayers, Carol Weinhoffer, Ryan Miller, and Gary Whiteman (not pictured: Josh Lupacchino, Mike Miller, and Chuck Deluca).